My 'GrandChickies' are hatching.My 'Grandchickies' are hatching!*PIC*

DouglasPeeps

Songster
11 Years
Feb 26, 2008
Colorado
I gave 24 of my eggs to a friend of mine who is a 1st and 2nd grade teacher. She is doing a unit on chickens/eggs and since she has a "chicken friend" she decided to hatch eggs for her classroom to observe. When my friend candled the eggs and had 18 that looked good, I replied, "Yea! I can't wait to see my grandchickies!". Well that statement took and now she is calling them my grandchickies too!
big_smile.png

So, right now 1 of them is out with 18 more to go! I am so excited! There is a possibility that 1 or 2 of them could be pure Partridge Rocks, but the rest will be mixed. My roo was a partridge rock and my other hens include: BO, SLW, RIR, and EE. I can't wait to see what they look like (I know, I know, they should look like chicks!), but you know what I mean.
roll.png

BTW our PR roo had to be culled due to ongoing leg issues about 1 1/2 weeks ago, so this is bittersweet.....

Last edited:
I am still waiting for my friend to email me pictures..
caf.gif

As soon as I get them I will post them....

Hatch chickies hatch, Hatch chickies hatch...
ya.gif

awwww, sorry to hear about the rooster
hit.gif
Bet you will get a little chick just like him, out with the old in with the new !!!! Good luck, hope all the fuzzy butts hatch !!!!

Quote:
It was very sad! We had three roosters to start with and kept this one. But he just couldn't recover from his leg issues. It looks like the 1st one out might be a partridge rock (both hen and roo). That would be very exciting!!!!

fl.gif
Still hoping for a good hatch!!!

I am happy for you, I got eggs that are now pipping, they are a day early but I am confident everything will turn out
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom