My Great Grandmother

Whitehouse Quail

Songster
10 Years
Jul 1, 2009
Michigan
My Great Grandma has always been a character. She grew up on a farm, so she knew how to hold her own with the random cousins, uncles, aunts, kids and SISTERS.

She had a sister named Nellie. Nellie had a chicken, Big Red. This chicken was no ordinary chicken, he liked to walk up and attack anything that moved. (Excluding Nellie, of course.) Unfortuantely, Big Red ran into my great grandma. She is like Lucille Ball, no joke. Red hair, and younger pictures look like her.

Well that chicken attacked her, and she kicked it. But that wasn't good enough for old Lucille Ball. She asked her mother what was for dinner, then volunteered to help prepare it. Unbeknowenst to anyone else, she quietly walked up to Big Red and chopped his head off. She then put the head in Nellie's shoe, and gutted the chicken for dinner. Only afterwards did she telll her sister what they were eating.
smile.png

True story! If you knew my grandma, you could see her doing this!
big_smile.png

Any other ancient-chicken stories? I about fell out of my chair when I heard her tell the story!

ETA: This happened about 70-75 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
No chicken stories here, but I can only imagine how upset Nellie must've been! What was the purpose in putting the chicken head in her shoe?

The only one I have only mentions chickens.
hmm.png
But it involves two boys with dirt bikes, gasoline and no adults around. Yikes.

ETA: It's not that old though, only about 30yrs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom