MY GREEN BOYS (PICS)

He is really beautiful. You are so lucky he is settling in so fast. I have two ? hens probably, not pure greens. They never have warmed up to us and we tried so hard when they were chicks. I thought they would break their necks being so flighty, they must be mighty tough. When they decide we aren't going to invade their space any farther they sure watch us with curiosity. Then they act so regal.

Oh they are lovely!

Are those 'domestic ones' in the videos pure breed?

The OP - you have lovely birds! Seems whenever someone puts a pic of a green peacock everyone wants to tell them its not a pure breed! What difference does it make if it just a pet and you are not going into business selling 'pure greens'. He is very beautiful whatever he is.

The eggs come from wild peacocks.
With bread and quiet ..... we make miracles!

Thanks yall .Yep they still hollar across the way at each other.Kinda sounds like a siamese cat wanting out. Ha ha Cant wait for a girl to be in there with one of them. I am fortunate to get to spend alot more time with my birds. Once they see you as no threat and a food source to boot. Alot of the flightiness is out of alot of birds. Dani's post says it all. Also as always I will try and post more pics Did anyone notice how the last two pics of the same bird actually looked like two totally different birds? I know I did.

Here, green thai 'domesticated ' peacocks often found at the entrance to National Park.... To the delight of tourists!

Free ranch and large group .... an incredible beauty !

They're not domesticated they're wild but they are just found near people, and people are always close by watching them. Without a doubt these are pure Imperator, possibly with some contact with annamensis and/or spicifer. Essentially the same as the Srinakarin Dam and Hua Kha Kaeng populations. Imperator is an ecological generalist hence it can be found in a wide range of habitats, including near people.

However, Huai Hong Krai Royal Project is semi-captive population. Some hybrids/"plastic stock".

As for Destinduck's birds, these were Elton Housley stock right? He has Tonkin/Black River Imperators - a form now virtually extinct in the wild. There are a handful of them in Japanese Zoos, mixed with the Hanoi Imperator. As some of you have observed, Tonkins do look a lot like hybrids but they are not. They simply resemble the missing link between the Green and Indian Peafowl. I can't say for sure this bird is purely a Tonkin; they tend to be a bit stocky in build, but I don't think this bird is a high% spaulding or peridot.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting Frank. Hopefully that cleared up some peoples concerns about my birds.Hollar back if I may help you. Super Peacockman. I hope you get you some greens one day.
smile.png

Destin Hope he didn't break any train feathers when taking the pictures. He is a beautiful bird would love to see him in full display. What a stunner he is
highfive.gif

Hi Yoda and kutrygirl . Thank you. We broke a few on the new 5yr old while it was making it over here. But now I cant even tell it much really. I will probably have better luck taking a pic of the younger one for you. He is displaying alot for the red golden hens in with him. He should be getting a roommate shortly. Not a pure green but I just dont like them to be lonely. I only have an Iphone to take pics and aint no pro so I have to get real close. That probably wont happen with the new one for a little bit. I will see what I can do tommorrow to get a displaying pic though

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom