My hatch that barely hatched, I`m so miserable

shylasgarden

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 1, 2009
Middle Tennessee
My hatch was due on the 19th but due to low temps, they are really staggerd. I did have four hatch on the 19th, four on the 20th, 1 on the 21st and one (sort of) today. When I got home from work today the one that was zipped this morning hadan`t moved, he was stuck! My humidity must have tanked early this morning. Well I helped him out of the egg figuring he would be the last, and, oh no, another is now pipping! How long can they keep hatching?
I right now have only 10 out of 41 eggs. I`m sooo miserable :-(

I had them in a Little Giant still air, it did great the whole time, the mistake was my thermometer wasn`t accurate and it was only 97 degrees the whole time. I didn`t catch it untill day 18. I don`t know what happened, the hunidity kept constant till today, it wasn`t hardly even reading when I got home.

If your temp holds steady, and was only low, you could have babies for days still! Low temps can drag a hatch out for up to 24/25 days....Low isnt as bad as high...too high is deadlier...I just killed 7 NN bantams with a 102.9 degree temp spike while I was at work, during pipping, on day 21 and I'm sick about it...the only near survivor died coming out of the shell. Yours still have a chance, let them be....keep them warm enough! But not too warm. Every little one is precious!!
fl.gif
fl.gif

Tina/tfpets

I have tried with two hatches so far this spring. out of 31 eggs 0 lived 0 made it to 21 days (my fault entirely) so be happy that you got some.

give them a few more days, you should see more pipping and zipping.

make sure your water trays are full in the bottom and you may want to add some spounges also to get your humidity back up and keep it up.

Back
Top Bottom