My Hatching Journey: the Adventures of a Complete Newbie

Good morning Banti you supposed to watch that . when you drop that lone egg down to hatch tomorrow . check the temperature at the top of it . we want to see a picture. it should look full and look at the bottom too. :fl and next hatch fill that thing up . :frow
It holds 41 eggs. Even if I got a 50% hatch rate I'd be entirely overrun.

Last edited:
ep.gif

It holds 41 eggs.... If even half hatch I'll be overrun! Really fill it all up???
-Banti
well maybe not full but at twice as many as you can handle. what if you run into same problem again . check CL around you and see what's selling and for how much. also you need to expect a few loses . other thing some chicks will be better than others .you want to keep the best ones . If I only had a few they would be the best few I could have .
idunno.gif

well maybe not full but at twice as many as you can handle.
check CL around you and see what's selling and for how much.
also you need to expect a few loses . other thing some chicks will be better than others .you want to keep the best ones .
If I only had a few they would be the best few I could have . :confused:
What do you mean by better? Stronger, healthier?

Last edited:
Banti, you may have seen this elsewhere, but I wanted to be sure...

This little guy got stuck zipping. I think it was my fault for opening the bator too many times after he had pipped, so he was stuck in there for a bit too long. I finally decided I had better intervene, so I put some Vaseline on the membrane, and he immediately pushed out in my hand.

I forget your new. Two eggs same parents one gets all the good genes the other might get half good and half bad or all bad and be a shadow of what the parents are . many things are considered in breeding . seems chickens and birds as a whole can stand more in breeding than most domestic animals .Berts was talking about pure bred dogs having more health issues than mutts . well that is a direct result of inbreeding. throw back is another term used . you do horses maybe this makes sense if it is a good horse it is line breeding if it is a bad horse its inbreeding. never have been a big fan of this practice. two chicks might hatch the same day same parents one out grows the other , same feed same water same nutcase owner which would you want to bred back to carry on the line ?

Banti, you may have seen this elsewhere, but I wanted to be sure...

This little guy got stuck zipping. I think it was my fault for opening the bator too many times after he had pipped, so he was stuck in there for a bit too long. I finally decided I had better intervene, so I put some Vaseline on the membrane, and he immediately pushed out in my hand.

that is so tiny I would crush that just picking it up .
hugs.gif
me being a big handed old man from the country .and all gotta go
frow.gif

I forget your new. Two eggs same parents one gets all the good genes the other might get half good and half bad or all bad and be a shadow of what the parents are . many things are considered in breeding . seems chickens and birds as a whole can stand more in breeding than most domestic animals .Berts was talking about pure bred dogs having more health issues than mutts . . well that is a direct result of inbreeding. throw back is another term used . you do horses maybe this makes sense if it is a good horse it is line breeding if it is a bad horse its inbreeding. never have been a big fan of this practice. two chicks might hatch the same day same parents one out grows the other , same feed same water same nutcase owner which would you want to bred back to carry on the line ?
Makes perfect sense. Thank you.

Banti, you may have seen this elsewhere, but I wanted to be sure... This little guy got stuck zipping. I think it was my fault for opening the bator too many times after he had pipped, so he was stuck in there for a bit too long. I finally decided I had better intervene, so I put some Vaseline on the membrane, and he immediately pushed out in my hand.
I haven't seen it, no. It's so tiny. :love

Last edited:
16 days, 21 hours, and 21 minutes in.
I realized I won't be able to be home tomorrow until day 18 is done, is it okay if I lock them down a hour into day 19 instead?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom