My heart is sinking.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by SarahBeth9394, Oct 3, 2009.

1. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    I was just luvin the pup. Giving him a good scratchin when I happened to feel a soft lump next to his neck under his jaw bone. I felt around the other side of his neck and no lump there. He's just 7 weeks old. I'm hoping that it is just that he is cutting teeth. He has appointment Tuesday for a follow up and meds for a slight case of mange. I guess I'll be calling Monday morning to talk with the vet. You know I'm gonna be ticked if there's something wrong. I wasn't looking for another animal so just getting his shots is enough. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Ohio
    Hopefully everything will be fine. Good luck with the little pup.

3. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Don't fret just yet. I know it sounds weird, but I've had dogs get strange lumps here and there and then a few days later they're gone. Animals are strange and I know that sounds weird. Don't worry just yet.

We got a pup and for the first 3 weeks I was scared to death she had some kind of cancer, because all her lymph nodes were swollen. To the point it looked like she had small eggs under her skin in between her back legs on her abdomen. They've gone away now and she's bright and healthy.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My cat has a mole that is the same color as her skin. Big one too! Scared me, but that is all it is.

5. SarahBeth9394

Aug 23, 2008
    I put the pup on his back and checked his teeth. His bottom back molar had a black crust on it. So I cleaned it off with a q-tip. There's no swelling or redness around the tooth or gums. As far as how he's acting... well he is just a perfect little puppy doing all his puppy things. I'm really hoping that it's just either gonna go away or be something that just needs a round of antibiotics. [​IMG]

6. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    [​IMG] Could just be a swollen gland from cutting teeth. My daughter would get a swollen gland or 2 when she was cutting her first teeth (along with a slight fever). Hopefully everything is fine!

7. SarahBeth9394

Aug 23, 2008
    Well the swelling has almost gone so I am so relieved. He is teething like crazy and playing like a nut. So things are much better.

8. wombat

wombat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    We lost one of our German Shepherd Dogs to lymphatic cancer, but she had very hard lumps, not soft ones. Hopefully it is nothing serious. Good luck with it.
    [​IMG]

9. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Quote:[​IMG]

10. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I glad he is getting better!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009