My heart is sinking.

SarahBeth9394

Songster
11 Years
Aug 23, 2008
I was just luvin the pup. Giving him a good scratchin when I happened to feel a soft lump next to his neck under his jaw bone. I felt around the other side of his neck and no lump there. He's just 7 weeks old. I'm hoping that it is just that he is cutting teeth. He has appointment Tuesday for a follow up and meds for a slight case of mange. I guess I'll be calling Monday morning to talk with the vet. You know I'm gonna be ticked if there's something wrong. I wasn't looking for another animal so just getting his shots is enough.
hit.gif
hit.gif

Don't fret just yet. I know it sounds weird, but I've had dogs get strange lumps here and there and then a few days later they're gone. Animals are strange and I know that sounds weird. Don't worry just yet.

We got a pup and for the first 3 weeks I was scared to death she had some kind of cancer, because all her lymph nodes were swollen. To the point it looked like she had small eggs under her skin in between her back legs on her abdomen. They've gone away now and she's bright and healthy.

I put the pup on his back and checked his teeth. His bottom back molar had a black crust on it. So I cleaned it off with a q-tip. There's no swelling or redness around the tooth or gums. As far as how he's acting... well he is just a perfect little puppy doing all his puppy things. I'm really hoping that it's just either gonna go away or be something that just needs a round of antibiotics.
fl.gif

fl.gif
Could just be a swollen gland from cutting teeth. My daughter would get a swollen gland or 2 when she was cutting her first teeth (along with a slight fever). Hopefully everything is fine!

Well the swelling has almost gone so I am so relieved. He is teething like crazy and playing like a nut. So things are much better.

We lost one of our German Shepherd Dogs to lymphatic cancer, but she had very hard lumps, not soft ones. Hopefully it is nothing serious. Good luck with it.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom