My hen’s feathers changed color!

I don’t see why you’re focusing on this when it’s clearly the same bird.
I am allowed an opinion so obviously it does not seem as clear to me as it does others asv well as yourself. I thought this group allowed differences of opinions. I guess not today.

I am allowed an opinion so obviously it does not seem as clear to me as it does others asv well as yourself. I thought this group allowed differences of opinions. I guess not today.
Calm down, okay?
I’m just wondering why it matters if the beak is a shade different. It’s quite clearly the same chicken.

Calm down, okay?
I’m just wondering why it matters if the beak is a shade different. It’s quite clearly the same chicken.
I have had chickens that were so similar in appearance that it was hard to identify unless there was a difference somewhere so I noticed they had different beaks. They had the same beak throughout their lifetime. So I am in tuned to little details like that. I have two new ones that are the same way. An ivory tip on one and solid black on another. It's just used for comparison and nothing more.

Hi friends! My 5 year old Black Copper Maran has not laid this season and after a molt, is more beautiful than ever! Nothing else has changed. Eating, drinking, roaming, scratching as usual!

Is this common for the breed? Is there something hormonal going on? Is she ok? Have any of your birds done this?

View attachment 2786184View attachment 2786186
If you don't mind me asking, has it done any crowing? My 5 year old hen has started to crow once in a while and she still lays eggs

Back
Top Bottom