MY HEN IS IN THE NESTING BOX AND MAKING VERY STRANGE NOISES, SHE IS ABOUT 19 OR 20 WEEKS OLD

spikenbuster2

Hatching
6 Years
May 15, 2013
IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH HER, THEN SHE STARTED MAKING CLUCKING NOISES, THIS NOISE HAS NEVER BEEN MADE FROM MY 6 HENS, THIS HAS BEEN ABOUT 10 MIN. I AM WONDERING HOW LONG DOES THE PROCESS OF LAYING A EGG TAKE.

AH THANKS....SHOULD I SIT THERE WITH HER, AS MY OTHER 5 ARE OUT WALKING AROUND....AT FIRST THE ONE WAS VERY CONCERNED ABOUT HER ...BUT SHE IS IN THE HOUSE BY HERSELF.

She might just be practicing. My new pullets usually explore the nest boxes, make nests and sit in them before they actually lay an egg. If I go in and try to touch them, they'll screech and make other terrible noises at me. Some will freak out and fly off the nest if I so much as look at them. Sometimes I get eggs just dropped in the run or laid from the roost at night from new layers too. Like they just aren't sure of they've really got to lay or not and by the tine they figure it out its too late. They do some crazy stuff when they're just starting or about to start.
As long as she's doing normal.chicken things, I wouldn't worry for her. Good luck.

Pretty much what the previous poster said, She is getting closer. Most of mine are observer shy, as soon as I leave they will pop one out and start singing.

Back
Top Bottom