My hen is lethargic and something is hanging out of her anus/ egg shoot/ whatever it is called!

Here, look at a close up of your picture. See the egg white dripping from the membrane? That was an egg, not a glove or condom.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Is there supposed to be more Coming out? All there was was the rubbery membrane thing and slime. She pooped in her cage last night when I kept her in the bathroom and it looked completely normal.

It sure looked like a glove...it wasn't even shaped like an egg.

She seemed OK this morning: displeased that I held her and had three normal poops in the crate. I put her with he other two and all seemed well.

I did notice little teeny white bugs crawling near her anus. I'll probably put some sevin in their dusting wallow to kill those out.

She seemed OK this morning: displeased that I held her and had three normal poops in the crate. I put her with he other two and all seemed well.

I did notice little teeny white bugs crawling near her anus. I'll probably put some sevin in their dusting wallow to kill those out.

Those are lice, and you need to dust her as well as their coop and dust bathing areas.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom