My hen is sick, can you help?

SNims

Hatching
Jul 7, 2020
It’s been about 1 week our longhorn is lathargic, not eating, pooping watery, and her red comb is turning black on the tips. I can’t get her in to the bird vet until Monday. I’m afraid she might die since she is not eating. She won’t come to me or reacts to her favorite treats. Help anyone come across something like this? We let her out on our yard and has her own pen. I’ve been keeping her in the pen because I don’t know if she ate a plant that might be toxic to her...any advice what might be wrong with her?
2150A67C-71B9-4306-8D7F-929022DC168D.jpeg

Is she drinking water? I would offer both plain water and some electrolytes or give a dose of Poultry Nutridrench 2-3 ml orally. Adding water to some chicken feed can also get more fluids into her. How old is she? Does she lay eggs? Is she gasping or having labored breathing? Has there been any mold where she is kept? Heart disease, dehydration, mold fungus and some respiratory diseases can can cause a cyanotic or black comb. Sorry about your hen.

Is she drinking water? I would offer both plain water and some electrolytes or give a dose of Poultry Nutridrench 2-3 ml orally. Adding water to some chicken feed can also get more fluids into her. How old is she? Does she lay eggs? Is she gasping or having labored breathing? Has there been any mold where she is kept? Heart disease, dehydration, mold fungus and some respiratory diseases can can cause a cyanotic or black comb. Sorry about your hen.
e is drinking water, but I will add some electrolyte to it. She is breath just fine. She is a rescue so we don’t know exactly how old but at least 5 yes old. She is not laying eggs. No mold where she is kept.
she seemed a bit better today.I saw her eating the treats she likes this morning. Thank you for your reply, mich appreciated.

e is drinking water, but I will add some electrolyte to it. She is breath just fine. She is a rescue so we don’t know exactly how old but at least 5 yes old. She is not laying eggs. No mold where she is kept.
she seemed a bit better today.I saw her eating the treats she likes this morning. Thank you for your reply, mich appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom