My hen's comb is slightly purple

Do you have a picture? Is the whole comb purple, or is it dark at the back and the tips? Could she be dehydrated in the heat? Is she up walking around? What do her poops look like? Does she lay eggs?

Sorry, I sent the post without finishing it.

This is a picture:

There is only a bit of purple at the back of her comb. She is otherwise healthy. She walks and eats normally and lays eggs.

Over here the temperatures are 90-100 in the afternoon. In the afternoon she pants a lot, holds her wings out, and drinks more water. So dehydration definitely could be a possibility. I will check the time of day when her comb seems most purple.

I will have to check her poos. Her poos are watery, but I believe they are otherwise normal. I will take a picture and upload it to this post.

20230701_084923.jpg

Sorry, I sent the post without finishing it.

This is a picture:

There is only a bit of purple at the back of her comb. She is otherwise healthy. She walks and eats normally and lays eggs.

Over here the temperatures are 90-100 in the afternoon. In the afternoon she pants a lot, holds her wings out, and drinks more water. So dehydration definitely could be a possibility. I will check the time of day when her comb seems most purple.

I will have to check her poos. Her poos are watery, but I believe they are otherwise normal. I will take a picture and upload it to this post.

View attachment 3567250

Okay, here is a picture of one of Mary's poos from today.

20230707_130720.jpg

Back
Top Bottom