My hens keep bullying my rooster

Drmmrswife

In the Brooder
Jun 27, 2020
I recently got 3 7 week old chickens 2 hens and a rooster. 1 of my hens keeps pecking my rooster. She won’t let him eat or drink when I let them out of their house in the morning. They were raised together from chicks. He just sulks off and lays under the house until she is done. What do I do?
Thanks

I recently got 3 7 week old chickens 2 hens and a rooster. 1 of my hens keeps pecking my rooster. She won’t let him eat or drink when I let them out of their house in the morning. They were raised together from chicks. He just sulks off and lays under the house until she is done. What do I do?
Thanks
I think it will be fine. As long as he is eating and drinking It’s not the end of the world. He’s probably just at the bottom of the pecking order.

Have two feeders and waterers, and let it all develop as it will. Nobody's being injured, right? They are babies, pullets and a cockerel (are you sure both are pullets?) and things will likely change as they mature.
Mary

Well, they still are chicks. Can you post pictures of them? Are you sure you have 2 pullets, and not 2 cockerels?

The grey one is supposed to be the female. She has started crowing like a rooster but my friend whom I got her from has her brother who looks just like her and he has started crowing as well

Attachments

• 25AFAB7C-398A-4EA2-A863-14C2A08C4C96.jpeg
    25AFAB7C-398A-4EA2-A863-14C2A08C4C96.jpeg
    847.3 KB · Views: 21
  • BCF18D1B-88E8-410C-AA42-C2B77BDC937E.jpeg
    BCF18D1B-88E8-410C-AA42-C2B77BDC937E.jpeg
    983.1 KB · Views: 20
Based on your pictures, I think both are boys! 😕
If the one who is supposed to be female is a Barred Rock, the boys have lighter coloring than the girls, which yours has. Also the comb & wattles are pretty serious for one that age.

Back
Top Bottom