MY HERITAGE TURKEY HEN LAID AN EGG AT FIVE MONTHS OF AGE!!!!

I had a turkey hen start laying at 5-6 months old this spring, the other hen the same age waited a FULL month later to start laying. That early layer laid probably 4 or 5 eggs per week until she went broody, then started laying again maybe 2 weeks after the poults hatched.

I had a turkey hen start laying at 5-6 months old this spring, the other hen the same age waited a FULL month later to start laying. That early layer laid probably 4 or 5 eggs per week until she went broody, then started laying again maybe 2 weeks after the poults hatched.
Wow really!! So you had an early layer too? That's great! :) I just couldn't believe it!

Mine started laying in February at about 6 months old, they are all heritage, sweetgrass, oregon gray, blue slate, red bourbon; and they have intermittently given an egg every other day until they went broody a few weeks ago. The red bourbon Diane has been the most prolific.

Mine started laying in February at about 6 months old, they are all heritage, sweetgrass, oregon gray, blue slate, red bourbon; and they have intermittently given an egg every other day until they went broody a few weeks ago. The red bourbon Diane has been the most prolific.
Really?? That's amazing! I cant believe my baby laid at five months! She laid her first egg Tuesday and its now Thursday I'm hoping she lays again today :)

Back
Top Bottom