My homemade automatic watercups.

Colored Egg Farmer

Chicken overload
15 Years
Apr 30, 2008
North Eastern Pa... Near NY
So i had a few things laying arround and was looking at the mcmurry hatchery book and found there automatic water cups. they were around 66 dollers
ep.gif

So Arielle and I made our own with what was laying around.

9718_dsc01121.jpg

9718_dsc01122.jpg

Heres a photo. We might be planning on makeing them and selling them so if you want your own keep an eye out on the byc auction threads. the price would be around 30-40 for this model but the price is still estimated atm.

We just made it today and going to do some tests on it to make sure everything works correctly. If this works there will be different model types. This one will be the 2 gallon small flock one.

I can't believe I found this thread tonight! I just looked through the catalog today and actually ripped that picture of their waterer out because I think I can make it. I actually have the picture in my pocket and was going in the morning to get the stuff I don't already have. If you don't mind me asking, did you only use a male fitting in the bucket, or do you have something else to hold it in (caulk, etc.)?

If you don't mind me asking, did you only use a male fitting in the bucket, or do you have something else to hold it in (caulk, etc.)?

I would guess there is a nut and washer on the inside​

Cef on tiramisu account.

No i only used a 1/4 pipe splice and caucked it in. It works fine and hasn't leaked. The chickens drank the whole 2 gallon bucket in one day so just refilled it today and has had no problem. My new version is going to be posted on byc auctions today Its expandable which the version in this post is not.

Back
Top Bottom