My Homemade Incubator

Lextextrapper

Songster
10 Years
May 5, 2009
Lexington, TX
Here's a couple of pictures of my homemade incubator I just finished today. I just have to figure out how to get the exact same temperature from top to bottom. It differs about 2 degrees right now.
30370_chickens_005.jpg

30370_chickens_006.jpg

Quote:
I didn't really keep track of the cost, but the egg turners were the biggest expense. The heating element was only $18 and I bought the fan at the dollar store for $9. The electrical boxes and stuff are not that expensive. I used a thermostat out of one of my old styrofoam incubators.

You may try putting a 25 watt bulb wired to your thermostat in the bottom section to help with the temp issues.

It looks great BTW, and I wish you many happy hatchings with it.
thumbsup.gif

Hi Lextextrapper,
It looks great.
Have you sealed the ply wood on the inside at all?
If not you will need to either use paint or clear varnish on all exposed wood. Otherwise the ply with absorb any moisture from the air and will swell,warp and go mouldy.

Regards
Trev

Draw yourself an airflow diagram and add a couple of muffin fans to make it happen. It will not only solve your temperature problem but the CO2 problem you aren't aware of yet.
wink.png

A pan for the bottom to catch the hatching mess and some sort of sealer for all the interior wood and you will be all set!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom