My homemade incubator.

I will be posting results soon. I am hatching 6 of my eggs, 8 local drop off eggs and 7 shipped eggs from E-bay. They shipped from Fl to PA I am usign it as a hatcher for my staggered hatches in 10 days then starting a whole new hatch with it to see how it works out. I am hoping for some good results!

I put the two Silkies in the incubator, today is day 17. I won't be increasing humidity until tomorrow. But temp is holding steady at 100. humidity is at 28% It did go up to 38% when I first added the eggs but everything has settled down. So far I am pleased with this. Had a temp spike with my other incubator but not the home made. I will be hatching out in egg cartons as these are shipped eggs with wonky air sacs.
I candled eggs last night and both were still alive. Will do another candle tomorrow just for the air sacs then won't be opening incubator until I raise humidity or take the chicks out. Will let you know the results! Friday I will transfer my other silkie eggs to this incubator, they are only on day 3 today. So they will just miss the first week. I am planning on building a bigger incubator for next spring so I can fit more eggs. But If you don't want to buy that thermostat since the price jumped up you can get a cheap water heater thermostat for $9 at lowes.

Neat sounds good! I had horrible time with my LG and heat spikes, I adjusted humidity first staying in the 50% range, then went to 40% being the max until lockdown. Shipped and local eggs. Even added a turner, it all came back to the heat spikes being the real issue. Good luck!

Well I now know for sure that Both chicks are alive. I wasn't too sure about the darker silkie egg. But looks like either both have internally piped or are gettign ready to. I see movement in air cell, shadow but doesn't look like a beak yet. was adding water and figured i'd check he air cell one last time since today is day 18 wouldn't do any harm. I am now leaving the chicks alone until day 24 if they don't hatch.
fl.gif

I have a positive internal pip one one egg and peeping. The other egg looks like it is about to internally pip, can hear the scratching noises. Today is day 18. So looks like another early hatch.

Back
Top Bottom