My husband cannot find enough employees? Anyone need a job?

I would have considered it if I was single, but bf wouldn't go for it, his business is established here, so I have to try and find something from the slim pickins here...
hmm.png

Lol I just looked on that site, and unfotunately I am not qualified for ANY of the jobs listed. I saw Architect, Judge, and Psychologist, Social Worker, Physician...
roll.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Can't say that I blame you. I like ND but San Diego is one of my favorite places! If we were established there it would be hard to pull me away. I saw you thread on learning how to can and things like that. Maybe you could make some money selling jam, jellies and baked goods at the farmers markets? I do not work outside the home but I know with the stuff that I do to save our family money and not having to pay for daycare, we are better off with me at home.

Maybe you could make some money selling jam, jellies and baked goods at the farmers markets?

That's exactly what I am working towards doing, it's just slow going right now... hard to get into, I need to invest in a pressure cooker... and those are expensive!​

I am sure you will do great. There are a lot of great hot water bath recipes on the "what are you canning now" thread. My favorite things that I have canned are the Asian plum sauce from the Ball canning book and the Yellow Squash relish from KimN_C on the "what are you canning now" thread. I have also canned, crabapple butter, plum jam, green tomato salsa, traditional salsa, yellow squash pickles and green cherry tomato pickles. This is my first year of canning ever and they are all hot water bath recipes. Maybe if you sold some of those you could buy the pressure canner. I really want one before next year too. I am planning on a much larger garden and would like to can some soups and pumpkin butter.

BTW: Thanks for all the responses on the job!

Quote:
Are you talking about the USAJOBS site??

Look again. They hgave jobs on there for just about everything you can think of, truck drivers, secretaries, receptionists, I saw one a few months back - literally for ditch diggers. If you're into canning look at your county extension office (I did not even know we had those here until I learned about them on BYC) not only do they have great classes, but they hire people to GIVE those classes.....

That's funny- we've been looking into moving to PA for oil field jobs. Work is so slow here- unless you want to work at a prison. I wish it were easier to find a farm to rent
sad.png
Can't give up my critters!

Quote:
My husband is working in PA on a land rig, he has been since the gulf explosion in April. Now they want him back down here, we live in La. but not sure if the gulf is picking up yet.

We could have moved to PA but my dad is 81 and our place is also paid for...they don't pay for moving expenses either. And not to fond of the cold winters they will have in PA.....

Back
Top Bottom