My husband Steve....

dh said his mammaw use to eat them all the time, my dad did too, I dont know how to cook them but when my dad calls I will find out. he said they grew up eating coons and possus and stuff like that. I have had coon before but I was like 7 years old then and my grandma fixed it . My Pappaw loved it . she cooked it and made gravy on it. that is about all I can remember that was 36 years ago.

Quote:
Man, when was the last time a recipe told me to remove the claws and check the pouch for babies....... hmmmm..... can't remember one offhand. I'm sure there have been a few. Was it ice cream?

A lady I knew, her bf is a trapper and she use to cook all that stuff. I never tried it but it looked like pulled pork. She'd bake it (very greasy) for hours. Maybe the slow cooker w/bbq sauce.

Quote:
Man, when was the last time a recipe told me to remove the claws and check the pouch for babies....... hmmmm..... can't remember one offhand. I'm sure there have been a few. Was it ice cream?

Kangaroos would be my guess.

My wife has a really old version of "Joy of Cooking" that was handed down from a relative. I recall coming across a recipe for 'possum in there ... so I suppose it was once more commonly consumed than it is now.

If you're desparate for a recipe, I could go find the book.

Quote:
It's in the version I got for my wedding (some fool thought my cooking could be helped!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
) and that was 12 years ago....

Back
Top Bottom