My incubator ** UPDATED!!! **

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Fluffy Feather Farm
12 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Texas, Panhandle
Okay my incubator has 3 trays in it. So I was wondering how many eggs would fit in the bator. So I took 1 of the trays out and tryed to fill it up. But I didn't have enough eggs to fill'er up. So I had to wait 2 days until I had enough eggs. So today finely I had enough eggs to fill up the tray. Here are some pics of the egg tray full of eggs"

There are Standard eggs and Bantam eggs in the tray.
47807_dsc_0523.jpg

Side view of egg tray.
47807_dsc_0524.jpg

The eggs ...
47807_dsc_0526.jpg

Top view of egg tray.
47807_dsc_0527.jpg

Okay I figured it up and the incubator's egg trays can hold 78 eggs in each egg tray.
All together the incubator can hold 234 eggs!!! WOW! Now that's alot more eggs then I wonna incubate at the moment!!!
I'm going to incubate 1 egg tray full of eggs!!! The incubator atomaticly turns the eggs. All I have to do is push a button and it turns them. Now the only problem is that I don't know what I'm gonna do with 78 CHICKS!!!
Hope you enjoyed!!

Last edited:
Well I wish you luck but just because you put all those eggs in there doesn't mean they will all hatch. So I would put them all in and hope you get 77 chicks. LOL

But really, I just candled my eggs, I'm on day 12 and out of 41 eggs 2 had blood rings and 6 were blanks so you may not get 100%

I called my local Agway and they would have taken all the chicks I could give them but I sold my large bator. If you have one in your town maybe they would take your's. I know TSC won't. Good luck.

I'm not incubating them yet, I just wanted to know how many eggs it would take to fill'er up. I'm thinking about incubating some eggs this spring or something. Do you think anybody would buy some chicks around here? Thanks

Last edited:
Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I'm not incubating them yet, I just wanted to know how many eggs it would take to fill'er up. I'm thinking about incubating some eggs this spring or something. Do you think anybody would buy some chicks around here? Thanks

BYC is a great place for selling along with CL. Anyway, what types are you hatching?​

Quote:
BYC is a great place for selling along with CL. Anyway, what types are you hatching?

I'm going to hatch Buff Orpingtons, and bantams, but my bantams are going to most likely going to be mixed.
I'm mosty going to hatch for myself, but if I have a few chicks that I don't want I might try and sale them.
How much could I sale chicks for?

Last edited:
Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
BYC is a great place for selling along with CL. Anyway, what types are you hatching?

I'm going to hatch Buff Orpingtons, and bantams, but my bantams are going to most likely going to be mixed.
I'm mosty going to hatch for myself, but if I have a few chicks that I don't want I might try and sale them.
How much could I sale chicks for?​

Do you have a Craigslist where you are? I know in the spring here there's always people selling chicks. I was going to sell mine for $1.50 each. Just think if you had 100 that would be $150.00.

Quote:
How much could I sale chicks for?

Do you have a Craigslist where you are? I know in the spring here there's always people selling chicks. I was going to sell mine for $1.50 each. Just think if you had 100 that would be $150.00.

So $1.50 would be a fair price for chicks? When is the best time to start incubating?

I've already started but I have someone who will buy I one's I don't want. I would think you'd want them ready for April. It's warm then and I know the places that sell them around here have them in April.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

So April would be a pretty good time to incubate my eggs? What about March? Do you think TSC or maybe Gebo's would buy my chicks?

TSc has their own supplier. I did ask them and they said no. I'll never heardt of Gebo's but you could call it never hurts to call. I would start them now but that's only me. It would be the beginning of April they would hatch. I wish someone else would get on here and let us know what they thing. I love to have eggs in the bator all the time.​

Back
Top Bottom