My Interesting Mixed Egg Experience...

strawberricatt

Crowing
5 Years
Oct 4, 2016
So, I don't have an incubator anymore, but the hens were broody so I decided, Why not buy some hatching eggs? I put up a post on Facebook and several people directed me to a breeder down south. I checked out his website and decided to buy some eggs. But when I looked the next day, the only eggs he had were mixed waterfowl eggs. I'm very cautious when it comes to mixed eggs so I put up yet another Facebook post and a friend said he got; A black swan, two geese, a Muscovy and two pekins.
I decided to buy the eggs. They came in the mail in great condition. One egg was quite large, so suspected a goose. The large egg hatched first which was weird. A little greyish thing came out. It was pretty cute. It behaved strangely though. It would dip it's head and bob it up and down. It would also make weird hissing noises. It didn't peep like the other ducklings, it made a kind of 'quipping' sound. The others hatched itnto normal ducklings. So I believe the gray one is a muscovy. ANd despite being the oldest he is by far the smallest. And the youngest is the largest.
I'll post pictures in the mixed egg chat thread down below.

Back
Top Bottom