My journey/blog of starting my business

So I was thinking of getting Red Ranger chickens, are they a good dual-purpose breed or are they just meat birds, I'm looking at getting a bird that can reproduce without any problems in the offspring and be able to lay more than 280 eggs per year. I looked at a farmish kind of life. They put seven reasons they will never raise Red Rangers again.

Good luck with all your beginnings. Our community really needs more farmers now because so many trade links are broken because of either COVID or sanctions.

Earlier this year I had the idea to start my own business, and right now it looks like going it is going to work out. This fall I have been collecting and gathering seeds from the plants that we grew this year. I used the tomato jar method and they have worked great so far.

Earlier this year I had the idea to start my own business, and right now it looks like going it is going to work out. This fall I have been collecting and gathering seeds from the plants that we grew this year. I used the tomato jar method and they have worked great so far.
That's fantastic! What plants did you end up planting?

Here are some things I learned about gardening, with the plan to grow food for me and my husband, and share with neighbors.

Plant heirloom or "open pollinated" varieties if you want to save the seed. Hybrids do not breed true.

Compost is called "black gold" for a reason: it is what feeds the soil, which feeds the plants, which feed you.

Look into hugelkulter. Too much info to put in this post. My neighbor's soil improved a lot in one season.

Mulch. Mulch. Mulch. It keeps the soil moist and cool in the heat of summer, and keeps the weeds down.

My compost got a zillion percent better when I started adding chicken poop.

Garlic is easy-peasy to grow. I bought some to plant once, and have never bought garlic again either to eat or plant.

Back
Top Bottom