My journey/blog of starting my business

Jaeden Mckinley

Songster
Apr 2, 2022
This is my journey to starting my stand at a local farmers' market, Now that fall is right around the corner, I can start thinking and planning out my future garden and the type of produce I will be growing. Lately, I have been searching the internet for ways I could begin my journey searching the far corners of youtube and google to find information, but it is still not enough so I came on here to share about my journey and learn new things along the way. This week I will slowly start to invest some of my allowances; my budget is just over $250, and I hope to make it all back in the future. :woot

This is my journey to starting my stand at a local farmers' market, Now that fall is right around the corner, I can start thinking and planning out my future garden and the type of produce I will be growing. Lately, I have been searching the internet for ways I could begin my journey searching the far corners of youtube and google to find information, but it is still not enough so I came on here to share about my journey and learn new things along the way. This week I will slowly start to invest some of my allowances; my budget is just over $250, and I hope to make it all back in the future. :woot
Good for you dude! I work in a garden, and my boss does the same thing. She does a market every Saturday and Sunday.

Keep us updated! I'll be following this thread! 👍

Good for you. It will be hard work but it will be worth it.

In this day and age it makes too much sense to start gardening. Good luck to you.

Where are you located?

What kind of acreage are you working with?

What kind of crops are you thinking about?

In this day and age, it makes too much sense to start gardening. Good luck to you.

Where are you located?

What kind of acreage are you working with?

What kind of crops are you thinking about?
I'm located in central Minnesota.

I'm working with around 1-2 acres.

I haven't thought about the crops, what I was thinking of doing was, going around to the local farmers' markets and seeing what people are selling, and what produce customers are purchasing.

Last edited:
I haven't thought about the crops, what I was thinking of doing was, going around to the local farmers' markets and seeing what people are selling, and what produce customers are purchasing.
I would have to say Corn, Garlic, Tomatoes, Beans and maybe Peppers would be your best bet.
If you would like i can talk to boss this weekend about what kinds of veggies sells the best for her, and let you know.

Earlier today I went ahead and purchased my first tiller it costed around $150 I got it from my uncle so he lowered the price to $50, it is a cub cadet 5hp, and it runs very well. :woot

Attachments

• 20220726_201326.jpg
    20220726_201326.jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220726_201320.jpg
    20220726_201320.jpg
    487.9 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom