My JUMBO Italian Celadon Project

Who else is on the Coturnix colors and genetics Facebook group? Oh. my. gosh. I joined a little over a month ago. SO MUCH INFORMATION. Ive learned so much off of there. Also made me realize how much I love Pansy's! Gonna have to get some of those.
I love Pansy Fees!! The Pansy is awesome too, but I’m obsessed with the Pansy Fees 😍 it’s been so hard to keep from hatching more…

I love Pansy Fees!! The Pansy is awesome too, but I’m obsessed with the Pansy Fees 😍 it’s been so hard to keep from hatching more…
Okay thank you I think I will. Rather give it 25% chance than none! Im gonna wait until I think everyone else is done though since I dont want to risk shrink wrapping or other problems for a sake of one possible chick. If its still kicking by then ill help.
I got some from Nabiki and they’re beautiful…😍😍

Attachments

• 84E49DA7-BC1C-4287-A506-7D3D4EDE5745.jpeg
    84E49DA7-BC1C-4287-A506-7D3D4EDE5745.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 5F6714D6-29FB-4EB8-ADA7-503D1940D992.jpeg
    5F6714D6-29FB-4EB8-ADA7-503D1940D992.jpeg
    438.1 KB · Views: 8
15 hatched so far! Looks like thats the end of it though. I dont see pips on the unhatched eggs. I opened up the one double yolker and two chicks developed until what seems a few days ago. Kind of crazy looking, one was white and the other looks wild. Not to unhappy with a 50% hatch rate. I mean not incredible but for shipped eggs its average.
G1 F at 15 hatched.jpg
Double yolk embryos .jpg

Final count is 17! Two more hatched since yesterday when I updated. I moved all but one into the brooder just now. The one was still in the egg not really hatching so well. I helped her out no problem. She had fully absorbed all blood and yolk just not really trying to hard to hatch. So she's drying off in the incubator. But the rest are off in the brooder! It looks like I got mostly Italian. 1 for sure Manchurian or I guess possibly white which would be weird. But its totally yellow all over, no black at all. Some are mostly yellow but still a few black speckles. I love the Italian color far more than Manchurian but for breeding purposes I do need Manchurian. So at least I have 1. I also got 2-3 wilds. Overall Im pretty darn happy with the hatch. about a 57% hatch rate, success! And really I technically only need one Manchurian male, or a few Manchurian hens. Next up is the wonderful celadon eggs! I will update again when I put those into lockdown (a week from now). Cant wait! I am about to have a MASSIVE heat wave here this weekend. Supposedly the hottest temperatures recorded here (western Washington). It was 103 here last weekend now its supposed to reach closer to 110. I think I will have to move the chicks inside the house then. No air conditioning here but it should be below 99.5 inside (I hope!)
G1 F hatch in brooder.jpg
G1 F hatch in incubator.jpg

Final count is 17! Two more hatched since yesterday when I updated. I moved all but one into the brooder just now. The one was still in the egg not really hatching so well. I helped her out no problem. She had fully absorbed all blood and yolk just not really trying to hard to hatch. So she's drying off in the incubator. But the rest are off in the brooder! It looks like I got mostly Italian. 1 for sure Manchurian or I guess possibly white which would be weird. But its totally yellow all over, no black at all. Some are mostly yellow but still a few black speckles. I love the Italian color far more than Manchurian but for breeding purposes I do need Manchurian. So at least I have 1. I also got 2-3 wilds. Overall Im pretty darn happy with the hatch. about a 57% hatch rate, success! And really I technically only need one Manchurian male, or a few Manchurian hens. Next up is the wonderful celadon eggs! I will update again when I put those into lockdown (a week from now). Cant wait! I am about to have a MASSIVE heat wave here this weekend. Supposedly the hottest temperatures recorded here (western Washington). It was 103 here last weekend now its supposed to reach closer to 110. I think I will have to move the chicks inside the house then. No air conditioning here but it should be below 99.5 inside (I hope!) View attachment 2733421View attachment 2733426
They’re adorable 😍😭

Back
Top Bottom