My jumbos are hatching!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shelleyd2008, Dec 28, 2008.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I got 25 eggs from pop57. 4 were broken or cracked when they got here, but so far I have 12 'little' babies! These guys are huge! Even compared to the A&M's I have! Only 9 more eggs to go!!

2. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    great good luck shelly

3. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Congrats [​IMG]

aren't they just cuteness! [​IMG]

4. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

dang things,,, if they werent so cute, there'd be no reason to have em,,, hahhahaa [​IMG]
    good lucks !!!

5. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yay!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I can't wait for pics!! [​IMG] And I'm on the fence-post about which coturnix to start with...I'm thinking either the jumbo or the A & M's....so keep me posted with yours! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  6. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

Quote:do the variety first,, a bunch of different kinds like i did,, its coolz,, i can give ya the sellers name that i got from,, PC bought some from her too [​IMG]

7. UrbanMama

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Definitely PM me the name! So...what was in this variety pack? And how many?...not all of us are blessed with a sportsman you know [​IMG] Or should I say 2 or 3 sportsmans! [​IMG] Course if I fill all the bators I have....that'd be a lot of quail eggs! [​IMG]

Sorry to hijack Shelley! [​IMG]

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    You can fit 120 eggs in one incubator with the turner, so you don't need a sportsman!!

I would suggest getting a large order of them as well, no matter what kind you decide on. I got a total of 31 A&M eggs (2 seperate hatches) and have 2 birds, both male. I now have these, had 25 eggs sent, and have 14 babies so far! If you are getting them to eat and/or breed, you would need to start with a lot! UrbanMama, you have a family of 6 right? Figure for each of the kids, you would need at least 1, and for you and hubby, probably 3 each, that right there would take care of the amount I hatched! Plus, you could always sell any extra birds. I have people asking me if I have any to sell. Yeah, 2...not interested! [​IMG]

9. UrbanMama

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yup, we have a big family! [​IMG] I do have the quail trays for my turner too....I just don't know what I'd do with so many...what if I have a hatch like Jims??? [​IMG] I'm not sure what to do....start small and end up going big...or just go big! [​IMG] Where's everyone putting their quail? I was thinking of setting up shelving unit/cages in my basement until the end of winter and then setting up rabbit hutch type cages this spring.... Time to start looking for quail housing links...[​IMG]

Oh yeah...how many jumbos are you up to now???? [​IMG] I can't wait for the pics!

10. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Yay Shelley! Better post pictures [​IMG] Can't get enough of the cutness that is coturnixs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by