My jumbos are hatching!!

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
I got 25 eggs from pop57. 4 were broken or cracked when they got here, but so far I have 12 'little' babies! These guys are huge! Even compared to the A&M's I have! Only 9 more eggs to go!!

Congrats
jumpy.gif

aren't they just cuteness!
smile.png

Yay!!!
clap.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
I can't wait for pics!!
caf.gif
And I'm on the fence-post about which coturnix to start with...I'm thinking either the jumbo or the A & M's....so keep me posted with yours!
wink.png

Last edited:
Definitely PM me the name! So...what was in this variety pack? And how many?...not all of us are blessed with a sportsman you know
lau.gif
Or should I say 2 or 3 sportsmans!
wink.png
Course if I fill all the bators I have....that'd be a lot of quail eggs!
lau.gif

Sorry to hijack Shelley!
hugs.gif

You can fit 120 eggs in one incubator with the turner, so you don't need a sportsman!!

I would suggest getting a large order of them as well, no matter what kind you decide on. I got a total of 31 A&M eggs (2 seperate hatches) and have 2 birds, both male. I now have these, had 25 eggs sent, and have 14 babies so far! If you are getting them to eat and/or breed, you would need to start with a lot! UrbanMama, you have a family of 6 right? Figure for each of the kids, you would need at least 1, and for you and hubby, probably 3 each, that right there would take care of the amount I hatched! Plus, you could always sell any extra birds. I have people asking me if I have any to sell. Yeah, 2...not interested!
gig.gif

Yup, we have a big family!
tongue.png
I do have the quail trays for my turner too....I just don't know what I'd do with so many...what if I have a hatch like Jims???
ep.gif
I'm not sure what to do....start small and end up going big...or just go big!
lol.png
Where's everyone putting their quail? I was thinking of setting up shelving unit/cages in my basement until the end of winter and then setting up rabbit hutch type cages this spring.... Time to start looking for quail housing links...
caf.gif

Oh yeah...how many jumbos are you up to now????
caf.gif
I can't wait for the pics!

Back
Top Bottom