My jumbos are hatching!!

Quote:
ugs,,,, my hatch was unbelievable
roll.png
they stayed in the bator room for a week
roll.png
till i finally got a wire bottom brooder made for them in the nursery,, now to make a BUNCH of little "rabbit hutch's" .
i hope yours goes that good !! lol ,, that way i know someone is in the same position as me
hmm.png

edit: ta add ,, a wire bottom is the only way to go,,, the poo sticks to their little feet FAST,, and what a pain for them and me errr.. wifers,, to take a toothbrush to their feet to clean it off every day.....

Last edited:
I still only have 14. There is another one that has been pipped for a while. I broke away part of the pip, and it looks like it pipped a vein. There was a little bit of blood, but not too much. The last time I checked it, it was still alive, but it hasn't hatched yet. The others haven't done anything yet. But there were 21 total eggs set, so 14 chicks is pretty good! That's more than half anyway! I'll wait till my ebay silkie eggs get here (
yippiechickie.gif
) before I remove the eggs. They should be here by Wednesday or Thursday, so that will make sure that none of the others are hatching.

Quote:
I was thinking something like this...what do you guys think?

cageunit1.jpg

(Only these are button cages and the coturnix wouldn't need to be segregated as much)

Sorry for hijacking again Shelley!

You could literally use a rabbit hutch, for buttons or coturnix, unless you are trying for specific colors. The coturnix need to be 1 male to 3-5 females in a colony, but it could be done. Buttons pair up from what I have heard, but colonies are doable with them as well. The most mix for them is 2 females to 1 male. My buttons are getting this to live in... http://www.petco.com/Shop/AlternateImages.aspx?FamilyID=106171&sku=

Quote:
I was thinking something like this...what do you guys think?

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q14/4byGodsgrace/cageunit1.jpg

(Only these are button cages and the coturnix wouldn't need to be segregated as much)

Sorry for hijacking again Shelley!

wowz,, i like,, 1 of those with cardboard around it would be a great brooder ( if the bottom wire is close enough),, if the wire is to big, jus buy smaller and stick in there.

i never thought of a cage like that shelley,, thats coolies too.

I have 16 babies so far!
yippiechickie.gif

The one that had pipped I mentioned in an earlier post didn't make it
sad.png
That one would have made 17. There are 4 more eggs in the bator, and one of those is clear. I'll go and get pics of the new babies right now...be back in a sec!!

Back
Top Bottom