My Juvenile Chick broke her wing PLEASE HELP 😭

In your bedroom?! Take them out at once. Baby chickens also can carry mites and I am speaking from experience. We raised our one day old 15 🐥 in the kitchen and by week 3 we developed an itch and mini bumps on our skin, we got chicken lice and believe me, you don’t want that problem right in your bedroom. Needless to say our cute chickens were transferred to the coop ready or not.

In your bedroom?! Take them out at once. Baby chickens also can carry mites and I am speaking from experience. We raised our one day old 15 🐥 in the kitchen and by week 3 we developed an itch and mini bumps on our skin, we got chicken lice and believe me, you don’t want that problem right in your bedroom. Needless to say our cute chickens were transferred to the coop ready or not.
This may not be helpful

My mother's boss owns a chicken farm. They ship the white chicks off to the factories once they are old enough.
Some of the chicks were born black or mixed.
Is this in the USA? Or in a different country?

I see that a number of the posters have been making assumptions based on what kind of broiler chickens are most common in the USA. If they are wrong about that, their advice may be a bit wrong too.

Pretty sure I replied that sometime
That's actually why I thought to ask-- you asked, and I realized what a big difference that could make. But I couldn't find an answer that stated what country, or even just USA vs. not-USA, so I figured I'd ask again.

UPDATE:
Muffin is doing great. It's almost time to take her bandages off. I'm still going to wait for 1 more week just to be safe. Thank you for the support.😊
Also.... I'm sorry for not being so active. I've been more focused on Muffin. I've been monitoring her and taking notes.

Also...
My brats do not have mites. They were raised in a controlled environment. I clean after them and groomed them everyday. They never had mites. I should know because I would have bites marks or my skin would be irritated.

Also...
My brats do not have mites. They were raised in a controlled environment. I clean after them and groomed them everyday. They never had mites. I should know because I would have bites marks or my skin would be irritated.

Back
Top Bottom