my kids are my heros.. good ending to cat in tree, after all

pinkwindsong

Songster
8 Years
Mar 18, 2011
Laurens SC
great news everyone..
ya.gif

i went out to make my pre-bedtime check on my chicks and a very, very, soft mew caught my attention..
I looked real quick at the neighbor's back of their house.. NO LIGHTS>>> .
I ran back in the house. told morgan and colt that the cat was still crying.. and they .. using Colts hunting red light, as to not get any attention of a flashlight in his( the enemy neighbor:mad:) woods.. they snuck over the barbed wire fence very sneaky, sneaky... and then there were a few short curse words in a hush, as they realized the ladder wasn't quite tall enough to reach him... Morgan had taken a towel so Colt threw it over the cat who was scared and trying to go higher..
he knocked him loose enough to get a hold of him and he tossed him down to Morgan.. once in her arms he was quiet and still...
he is now in the house in a dog crate in the utility room ( hubby is gonna have a surprise in the am..). I dosed him a mouth full of Vita-cal, water , dog food_( no cat food) we did have some litter for a vegi flat I had and to top it off a can of tuna... ( hope he doesn't get sick now?) and he is quietly eating.

I am so proud of their sneekiness and for a rescue that I thought was too late..

I prayed for rain ,, didn't get any but I got another prayer fulfilled.. so I guess in the grand scheme of things, the right prayer was granted.. an little life saved.. Mother nature at her best. )O(

truly blessed
)O(
Pink

That just totally made my night to hear!
big_smile.png
. And I'm sure yours. Sneaky kids should get lots of huge hugs tonight for a job well done.

Back
Top Bottom