My kids are not spoiled...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Tevyes Dad, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Tevyes Dad

Tevyes Dad Leader of the Quack Premium Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Montana
    The duckies just got a shipment of 44 lbs of dried meal worms (enough to fill about six 5 gallon buckets.)[​IMG] That will last them a while. So for the occasion, I had Roxette pose for this duckie fantasy picture. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can make it a poster for your "Drake's Den" if you like... [​IMG]

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG]

3. Kaessa

Kaessa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2015
    Fruita, CO
    [​IMG]

4. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    Naw, not spoiled at all! :p Cute photoshop job! Makes me wish Wobbles wasn't scared of mealworms. What a weirdo. He loves minnows, though!

5. needlessjunk

needlessjunk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    Round Rock, TX
    Oh man! Love it.

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    That is dif be going up in my drakes den. That is absolutely adorable..

Hey I buy 44lbs at a time too, but don't tell my dh [​IMG]

7. Tevyes Dad

Tevyes Dad Leader of the Quack Premium Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Montana
    Well obviously a photoshop job[​IMG] If I really put Roxette in an endless pile of mealworms, she wouldn't wallow on her back, she would eat them until her crop burst[​IMG]. No fun for anyone.

Is Wobbles scared of live mealworms too? Maybe he needs to try a quarter meal worm? I know different ducks have different tastes, but my ducks are suspicious of everything new I feed them. [​IMG] Just recently I bought some Koi food to test on them. You would have thought I tried to serve them a platter of live raccoons.[​IMG] I came back a few hours later and the food was gone. The next day, they ate the Koi food when I threw some in the pool. My older girls had never eaten lettuce until the babies came along. At first they were like: what is this stuff?, don't wave that in my face. And now they chomp it down with the rest of them.

I only mention this because all the duckies I have seen like various treats, but mealworms MELT THEIR BRAINS with delight. So I would hate Wobbles to miss out because this SUPER CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM SUNDAE for ducks is scary.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by