My lap dog turned killer

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by ChickInDelight, Nov 22, 2011.

1. ChickInDelight

ChickInDelight Never an Empty Nest

Apr 27, 2011
    Browntown, VA
    My precious, darling, Akela, loves all the little animals.

[​IMG]

Well, at least he did until he was sprayed by a skunk.
    The next night, we went walking, and I heard Aekla growling and chasing something in the corn field. Oh no, not another tomato bath! When I called him, he came bounding across the creek with this in his mouth. Mama's boy had not a scratch on him, but this coon is dead:

[​IMG]

Good boy, Akela! [​IMG]

2. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    Give him an extra treat. A dog who can single handedly dispatch a coon is a gem.

3. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    Fine fine fine job.

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Good boy! Gooooood boy!

Beggin Strips are definitely in order! [​IMG]

5. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I thought this would be about your dog killing the chickens :S I was worried!

What a good dog! VERY GOOD! Your dog deserves some extra leftovers tonight!

6. NanaLantana

NanaLantana Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2011
    Lantana, Florida
    Is that a pit bull? They actually LOVE to kill - - - - - - watch out now - - - - - those ducks look tasty too - - - - -

7. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Quote:This is very ignorant. My poodle is much more vicious than this dog is. Better watch out..

8. Katydid2011

Katydid2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    West Coast USA
    Beautiful dog! I, too, was afraid that this thread would be about a lap dog killing chickens, which is what our nine pound lap dog did. We haven't had any problems with our German Shepherd and Pit Bull...

9. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    that dogs knows that the ducks and chickens are part of the pack...He's letting them eat out of his bowl! Most dogs wouldn't do that.

What a great dog! [​IMG]

10. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    Quote:This is very ignorant. My poodle is much more vicious than this dog is. Better watch out..

Hopefully they were just being sarcastic..... [​IMG] I have a mini poodle and a mastiff/pit and I would way sooner trust the pit with my chickens. My poodle is horrible with the birds despite constant socialization since she was a puppy, she has pulled tail feathers from nearly all my birds at one point or another. I got chickens when my pitX was already 5-6 years old and he lets them walk all over them. Never have even seen him look twice at one....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by