My leghorns are 25 weeks old and not laying

Yes visual only......takes some experience looking at both active and non active layers to tell the diff....and I still find pelvic spacing to be the best indicator.
OK, thank you. I have been pondering this for a while.
roll.png

I can tell lots of differences by the powers of observation. So this will be something I start to compare. I guess it will be most helpful in determining if a suspected layer is a hiding a nest since that's my only actual concern of whether they are laying or not.

I didn't want to accidentally violate a hen.
tongue.png

I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO HELP ME OUT!! I JUST GOT MY VERY FIRST EGG TODAY FROM MY LEGHORN!!!! THANK YOU!!

yup it really sounds like she is not quit ready to lay but close. My six teenager chickens have started to get rosy combs an they bow to the ground when i get near them witch means they are ready for a rooster to mate them witch also means that she will probly lay within a couple weeks.
celebrate.gif
GOOD LUCK

yup it really sounds like she is not quit ready to lay but close. My six teenager chickens have started to get rosy combs an they bow to the ground when i get near them witch means they are ready for a rooster to mate them witch also means that she will probly lay within a couple weeks.
celebrate.gif
GOOD LUCK
Yep, mine usually start around a month after those sign present.
smile.png

I have two leghorns. I got them in April last year. All my other chickens have started laying but the two leghorns still haven't laid. Sunshine will get in the box and stay there for about an hour and then get out of the nesting box and do the laying cackle. Peeps has shown no intrest of the nesting boxes at all. Neither of them squat like they are ready to be mated. My rooster mates them any way but still no eggs in a year. They do not have any secret laying spots. Thanks
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom