My leukemia's back.

Good morning Team Rachel :frow

@Alaskan this one's for you...
Dec 3.jpg

:gig

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!

Send number 1 son down to help her out, he's a good boy and has been away from home for extended periods in the past ;)

DW's aunt (now 100) prides herself on NO tape, ribbons to hold it together, always well done. On the other hand, my younger sister? You would think she owned a bunch of Scotch brand stock and feels the need to increase their sales.
at least she's not using duct tape......

Many, many moons ago, when the world and I were young, I spent a holiday season working in the gift wrapping department of a store that offered free wrapping with a purchase - how do you say "madhouse?" We were taught to use 3 strategically placed pieces of tape, and "put some ribbon on it, or it will look like it came from _____ (another rather upscale department store)." We even made our own bows. So yeah, I can wrap like a pro.:cool:
Your Hired......

This is off the subject - forgive me. I have to know do other people find envelopes for greeting cards don't have any "sticky" on them? I mean - lick envelope - seal, only they do not seal! I tape them closed and no joke, they still pop open in spots.

I am thinking at my age, saliva must be missing some important enzymes or lacking normal fluidity . I have noticed this many times in the last couple of years, with Hallmark, American cards, Gift shop cards, Zazzle cards etc. It must be me.

Cards that arrive from someone else are sealed correctly. Is this just a personal failing for me?

I remember the late Erma Bombeck use to warn mothers about the necessity of "spit." You know - kids need a lick to tame "cowlicks," or clean the chocolate spot off their cheeks, etc. The worst thing to happen would be a mother of several kids and dry mouth.

I can't put it humorously like she did but, it is so true!! I think the behavior comes down to mothers from observing cats & dogs - who always clean up their ofspring.
I bet it's just an instinctive response......I can see cave women addressing the multiple cowlicks her hairy little cave children had... :gig

Back
Top Bottom