My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG]

2. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    It sure is, made me smile just hearing it!

3. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hurry back Rachel, who knows what you'll find at home!

Take care [​IMG]

4. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    For some reason, I have a feeling that there will be eggs . . .

x2 on the care taking.[​IMG]

5. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Lol. Yes, I agree! More fresh eggs! Let's hope these are kept separate from the other eggs. And let's hope the other unknown eggs are already helping to make great bacon!
    Sorry for the stay Rachel. Praying this does set you up for an even more healing and just maybe your honey missing you even more. ;-)

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Been here a day and I've come to the shocking and unexpected conclusion that I'VE SPENT TOO MUCH TIME IN THE HOSPITAL!! Seriously, I'm trying to be nice but the staff here really can't seem to get it together. And I really don't want to hear about how busy the staff is, I'm so sick of that. Case in point, my current antibiotic dose is 2 1/2 hours late as I type. The nurse can't get my PICC line to work, but also hasn't seemed to follow up with the IV therapy team to come eval it. Since the antibiotics are the entire reason I'm here, this is frustrating. How can I get better if I can't get the meds? Trust me, I could sit at home and be pissy if that's the goal.

7. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    OOh that has to be so frustrating! Any change in the leg so far? Hope it's getting better.

8. Motherhenshow

Motherhenshow New Egg

May 30, 2015
    So sorry to hear that you are sick again. My family will be praying for you and your family. I hope you find a donor match quickly. Hugs to you.

9. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hey, Rachel, temporary inconvenience for permanent improvement. [​IMG] I think it's something in the air. Right now I am ready to eliminate a sister (why did she have to try to reenter my life?), a sister in law (why must she make my wife's life miserable?), and my crotchety old field trial traveling partner (I know he's old, but why does he have to act so miserable?). OK now I feel better. I hope that your mini rant helped you feel better and that they will soon start doing their jobs properly. [​IMG]I'd come there and slap somebody around if you weren't so far away. [​IMG]

10. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Rachel did get a real good donor match, and she is in full remission right now. She is still dealing with some of the ramifications of her treatment, but hopefully this is a minor/temporary glitch. Prayers are always good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by