My leukemia's back.

Rachel, that must be terribly frustrating. I hope they can get their act together and quickly. Maybe threatening to bring Team Rachel in will motivate them! Or Arvid.

Rachel, the last time Mike was in the hospital was one screw up after another. I won't go into details......... But, when I came back to his room to find him sitting in the shower WITHOUT his oxygen after 3 days of continual screw ups, I blew a cork. Everyone on the wing heard me at the nursing station screaming at the i compitent uncaring staff. The incident concluded with the head shift nurse, the head honcho nurse for the entire nursing staff and the hospital administrator in the room. I had an itemized list of all of the complaints I had.

From then on when I buzzed for a nurse, one appeared like magic. There were 2 nurses that I demanded they not come back in his room. The cleaning staff even walked on eggs.

I hope you can handle this problem better than I did......

Hugs and prayers for you.
1f60a.png

Hey, Rachel, temporary inconvenience for permanent improvement.
hugs.gif
I think it's something in the air. Right now I am ready to eliminate a sister (why did she have to try to reenter my life?), a sister in law (why must she make my wife's life miserable?), and my crotchety old field trial traveling partner (I know he's old, but why does he have to act so miserable?). OK now I feel better. I hope that your mini rant helped you feel better and that they will soon start doing their jobs properly.
hugs.gif
I'd come there and slap somebody around if you weren't so far away.
old.gif
You are my northern self.

Rachel,
Have you logged a written complaint? It is frustrating but the squeaky wheel in the hospital gets the most grease.

When my grandfather and later grandmother was in the hospital we had to be on top of everything. When my grandmother was hospitalized for Salmonella and Clostridium (that she got from the hospital on a previous stay). She spiked a fever and her blood pressure started to drop and there fix was to try to give her Tylenol. I had to go complain and force them to contact the doctor. Instead they started blood cultures and antibiotics.

It is best to have someone that can advocate for you and I don't know if that is possible. If you have a smart phone you can use the voice memo to keep track of problems and to also record doctors so you can review what they said again later.

Take care and speedy recovery,
Marci

Rachel, the last time Mike was in the hospital was one screw up after another. I won't go into details......... But, when I came back to his room to find him sitting in the shower WITHOUT his oxygen after 3 days of continual screw ups, I blew a cork. Everyone on the wing heard me at the nursing station screaming at the i compitent uncaring staff. The incident concluded with the head shift nurse, the head honcho nurse for the entire nursing staff and the hospital administrator in the room. I had an itemized list of all of the complaints I had.

From then on when I buzzed for a nurse, one appeared like magic. There were 2 nurses that I demanded they not come back in his room. The cleaning staff even walked on eggs.

I hope you can handle this problem better than I did......

Hugs and prayers for you.
1f60a.png
Rachel, I missed what's going on with your leg. But I'll pray for you: healing with the leg, that the staff would treat you, and all of the rest of the patients with the competence and respect that they deserve. And, for your continued total healing.

Enola. It sounds like you did a great job handling the problem with Mike in the hospital. Every patient needs an advocate. When my hubby was hospitalized, I was the wife who never went home. I was the wife who came in at 7 AM so I could be there when the Dr. made his rounds. And when he started coming in at 6 AM to avoid me, I started coming in at 5:45. I called the hospital at 1 AM to see if his temp had spiked again from an infected central line. And when it had, and they told me that they took care of it by giving him Tylenol, I blew a gasket, and asked why they did that instead of drawing the blood cultures that were ordered for a temp spike!

Rachel: I know you have the background. Time to stop being so nice. Time to demand that the staff do what those orders written in your chart tell them to do. And, if that doesn't happen, time to ask to see the hospital administrator.

Last edited:
Lazy, I stay with Mike almost 24/7 everytime he is in the hospital. I keep snacks and drinks in the room with me. Drs gave up trying to outfox me ages ago.

I only leave after talking to the dr - for clean clothes and to check the livestock. I sleep, eat and shower right in his room. They hate me!
1f616.png

Thing is, I just get tired. Tired of doing the staff's job, tired of micro managing, tired of counting the seconds while they scrub my PICC line. Reached meltdown point tonight when the night nurse got snappy with me. Waiting for the supervisor to come talk to me. I'm going home tonight, AMA if I have to. If the legs get worse I'll haul them back to Portland and willingly be hospitalized there. The difference is night and day.

Pray please running my special needs do to ER. Compromised O2 levels and heart rate shallow breathing URI? Pneumonia?
Thanks!

Rachel, how are things going today? Better I hope and maybe a trip home for you today?

@hbhoffman , hope it's nothing too serious. Keep us posted.

@sourland , what are the "field trials" you do?

Back
Top Bottom