My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Lung stuff is scary.
    [​IMG]

2. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I don't know about you all, but that Arvid picture is beginning to bug me (yeah, I know...I'm the one that put him there).

Thought you all could use some sunflowers today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We grew quite a few sunflowers this year, two varieties. These are the shorter ones, they have multiple blooms on each stalk. The 2nd variety are now over 8 feet tall and I probably won't be able to get a photo of their flowers (unless it's an aerial shot).

Wishing you all some sunshine.

1 person likes this.
  3. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Really nice pictures!

1 person likes this.
  4. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    Hello,
    I know you didn't notice my post a while back when I offered to be marrow tested for you but that's ok, I'm not part of your "in" crowd here. However I do care about people, am a cancer survivor and had blood clots in my leg and lung. I will be on coumadin for the rest of my life. My leg swells and gets hot when I am working, there is nothing I can do about it and it gives away my age too. If you believe in God as it appears you do, pray to Him about your situation and frustration. Ask for patience, calmness and for them (the nurses and doctors) to resolve whatever is getting in the way of treating you properly. You said God has your back so lay your troubles at his feet and he will fix it in His time. Have strong faith and lean on God now. Let the anger go because it is not helping your recovery, your state of mind or, getting anything done faster. Be kind to yourself and others. :) Get well soon.

5. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    This isn't an 'in' crowd type of place. jump in and wave about. That's what I do. She got her donor cells a few months back and is in remission, she just has to be patient and let things settle in.
    I hope you are doing better.

And jump in, this is our 'Rachel' party. We tried to keep her company when she was in isolation. There are a lot of posts to read, and I don't think anyone can keep up with us. We are kind of gabby.
    We talk about everything as long as it is up beat.

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Oh, Heck, I thought that finally at 73 years of age I had finally become part of an 'in' crowd instead of operating on the fringes of society. Oh, wait a minute, maybe we are the fringes of society? 3goodeggs says it best even though most if not all of us have never met Rachel, we still care for her and one another - this does not mean that others are excluded. 'Up Beat' is our motto unless a medical beatdown is called for. Just kiddin', folks. [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I like being among the fringes of society, it's more fun.[​IMG]

@sourland , "medical beatdown"?!? LOL!

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    thanks for the offer! I didn't mean to ignore you, but thought sourland had explained I'd already had my stem cell transplant and was recovering. there are lots of posts I read here and think "Oh, I need to respond to that", and then I go read something else and BAM, chemo brain strikes again and it's gone. I go back and read things and think....why didn't I respond to that? Oh yeah, I meant to!

So, doing well tonight. Been on the sofa or in bed all day with my feet up and am going a little stir crazy, but the legs look good. Eve's giving me Princess lessons [​IMG]. It was so hard sitting here and having Honey cook dinner, even though I know he's perfectly capable. We had grilled rib steak and home made green bean casserole--the man's amazing! Bless his heart, he's also coming up with some, ahem, creative ways to keep my legs elevated.....nice to know even after 20some years of marriage he still likes me [​IMG]

9. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Glad you are home with your family - hope those legs continue to improve!

10. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    HI All! We are home tonight! No flu, RSV, or pneumonia! [​IMG] It is a upper respitory infection so we came home with a chamber and treatments as needed. She has the runs, a fever, cough, her O2 stabilized at 95%, and just plain hurts overall. It took 4 tries to get an IV into her. It wasn't fun. But after that she was all settled in the E.R. and was happy to be there. Then the good news (to me) came that we were free to go home! It was funny when I told her we could go home, she said "No, I stay here. Chicken nuggets,tomato soup." She was already to get up to the PEDS floor, settle in to watch her movies, order off their awesome 24/7 menu and see her nurse friends. So close...in so many different ways.

*Thank you all for your kind words and praying!*
    If I wasn't so far, Rachel, I would be over begging for some eggs! We eat about 2 dozen a week around here. My flock of 6 doesn't produce enough to meet the needs of the 3 families we share with and I can't expand much past 8 hens due to space and them not being at my place. Glad you are home! I say let your guy be as creative as he wants! It is awesome he cares for you so. Hope the hatching goes well!

BTW, If anyone loves irises, the previously mentioned iris garden website can be dangerous! The iris selection is amazing and awesome! To pick just a few and still not spend to much money is hard. My cart came to $175. Then over 5 days whittled it down to $60 but then I looked more and now it's back up to 175. Anyone have a huge discount code or know when they have a clearance sale? Maybe I should switch to sunflowers! Gorgeous photos! Thanks for sharing. It made me smile.
    Go team Rachel!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by