My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Hope your appointment goes well and they top you up with PRBCs if you need them! [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey

3. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Hope the Dr. Appointment goes well.
    Yup. You need your energy to those genetic flow charts set up.

4. N F C

N F C phooey! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Rachel sending you good vibes for the doctor appointment! [​IMG]

5. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Me too!

6. N F C

N F C phooey! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    @Blooie , how was your trip?

7. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Still here - checking in very sporadically and reading but not really posting much. Having a great time and have spent time (special, precious time) with Ashley!

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    blooie--enjoy your Ashley! Time is precious, don't be wasting it here on the internet when you have other things to do.

Me, on the other hand, am on here way too much.....too MUCH time on my hands!

Appointment went well. Counts had dropped a bit more so he feels transfusion is totally appropriate, especially since I'm so symptomatic. Should have a time tomorrow. No platelets yet, just packed red cells. Then sometime tomorrow I have 10lbs of ground beef I bought on sale to process and get stored---I'm thinking meatballs [​IMG]

I think I got 2 cockerels and one pullet, one chick still hasn't hatched. Honey brought home two turkey poults tonight, they're the wildest little things! we tried slipping them under broody momma but she was having none of them, so I've got a brooder set up. Going to take a trip to the store tomorrow for a heating pad to try that for the brooder. I'm way too cheap for a heat plate, but love the idea.

9. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Congrats on the babies! Glad dr appointment went well.

10. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    This has been a bittersweet trip so far. Linda is looking much better than I even dared hoped and her little granddaughter (my greatneice Ashley) is between rounds of chemo so she's feeling like any other 6 year old during the fun days of summer. She's in the photos below, lounging in the pool and having water balloon fights with her sister and some of the cousins.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then, of course, there was this visit today. I miss him so much. But life goes on......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by