My leukemia's back.

Good morning @Blooie , thanks for sharing the photos. Life sure can be an emotional rollercoaster ride sometimes
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
to Blooie. Heck,
hugs.gif
to anyone who needs one! It's been a long couple of days here....

Wed I got transfused 2 units of blood. Not so short of breath, but still just worn out. The nurse heard some friction rub in my right lung so I went for a chest X-ray. Called the doc Thurs to get results, she said it was a poor picture and she wanted to see me in person Fri am. I also had her call in some antibiotic eye drops, I have pink eye (actually more like monster movie red bloodshot eyes, nothing pink about them). Couple other things going on, I told her I feel I'm just falling apart. So, Friday am she doesn't like what she hears in my lungs....CT scan. It shows infiltrates in the right lung. Probably viral, everyone says, but what's our mantra now? Better safe than sorry. So hey, let's do a bronchoscopy! Cause everyone wants a scope pushed down into their lungs, right? Well, apparently my week wouldn't have been complete without one, so off to the hospital we went. Thankfully, with the eye infection I had asked Honey to drive me to my apt so he was with me all day. Never thought I'd be thankful for goobery eyes! Had the bronch done and thank you Lord was able to go home the same day. Slept horrible, it was so hot and I kept dreaming they'd found worms in my lungs
sickbyc.gif
. The wonderful doctor called me this am (yep, on Saturday, and she's not even on call this weekend!) to let me know prelim results--no fungus, that's the big thing I was worried about. Bacterial cultures still growing, not back til Sun pm or Mon. Probably viral, everyone keeps saying.

I'm married to the best man in the world....after the procedure you've usually got a pretty sore throat. He went to the store and bought me Ben and Jerry's--how great is that?

Well Rachel, shoot, what can be said but you are one tough and fortunate gal. You've been through the wringer that's for sure but still carry on like a trooper. And I say fortunate because your honey has been there for you from day one. We really have to give credit to the ones that love us and stand by us no matter what. Here's a hug right back at you kid
hugs.gif

He's an absolute keeper, Rachel, that's for doggone sure! The rest of it all simply stinks! Wish I could bring over a pitcher of iced tea and just sit with you. I'd hold your hand and we wouldn't even have to say a word - just sit in silence so I could offer what little comfort I can. :/

How about some good ole South Dakota chislic'nbeer? You didn't really think I'd go back to Sioux Falls and NOT indulge in my favorite food, didja?

If that didn't make you grin, how about a Wyoming weathervane? Yes, that is a full sized plane on a pole, and yes, it turns freely as the wind direction changes! It's next to the interstate around Sundance, Wyoming.

Last edited:
How about some good ole South Dakota chislic'nbeer? You didn't really think I'd go back to Sioux Falls and NOT indulge in my favorite food, didja?

Blooie, you know you have to share with the group!!!

Back
Top Bottom