My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    You're right...heat = expansion [​IMG]

Didn't they used to refer to VW Beetles as "bugs"?

2. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    They still do; there's someone here in Wilmington who has a modern version of the bug done up in red with ladybug spots and "eyelashes" on the headlights.[​IMG]

3. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    I learned how to drive stick shift in a little powder blue volkswagon. Oh how I loved that little car, and the sense of independence that went along with it!

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'd much rather the ladybug bug than the spider bug. yep, creeped me out some.

Okay, I've hit 20,000 posts. Someone spends way, way too much time on byc [​IMG]

5. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    You are fine.
    Just ask sourland.
    When I first hit 1000, I didn't want to ever log on again. I got over it.

6. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    @lazy gardener , how are you doing? Does it look like you'll still be able to go to Guatemala?

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Heck, you're just getting warmed up Rachel, lol.

8. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Hi All! Wow! You all had lots going on last week!
    Our Dominican Republic missions trip was incredible,challenging, exhausting, and amazing! Up by 6 am gone by 7 and packed days until 10 pm or later. Our team of youth and parents did a total of 10 VBS sessions for 6 different villages or churches. [​IMG]
    This was one. We were told 75 max. It was 400+! How awesome is that?
    Been going through reverse culture shock. Anyone have extra spandex to help hold my confused brain together? Went into a grocery store here (shock #1 so much food & stuff, it was clean and huge and...) and needed to ask a question of a clerk (shock #2 someone actually there to help in English) then I didn't know which language to speak (shock #3 wait where am I-U.S. or D.R.? OK. Can they speak English or Spanish? Do I need an interpreters help or am I OK?)
    Miss being there. I felt more at home there. Once my body got used to doing 6 floors of stairs I did not hurt from my mom like I do here. Amazing not to hurt every day. Can't wait for heaven!

Lazygardener... How are you now? I really hope you go! Coming home we were behind a large group of 80 returning from Guatemala. It was awesome to see.

Blooie, That was an emotional week! Stay in touch with the one who loves you. Glad you went Hugs!

Rachel,
    Wish I could send my DH over to donate for you! He is O something and donates 2 bags of his blood/red blood cells regularly. They love when he comes in.
    The chicks sound fun! Wish we lived closer.I would buy some from you instead of paying someone else $8- $25 a chick!
    Hugs to the rest of you all too!

1 person likes this.
  9. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Hbhoffman, that sounds awesome (and exhausting!) I have seen the "reverse culture shock" before; my brother spent a few days with us a little while after my parents' house (and half of the neighborhood) got blown away by a tornado. It's amazing how fast even the worst conditions can become "normality. " Welcome back!

Rachel, look at it as 20,000 opportunities that you took to offer advice, encouragement, comfort, or in some other way touch someone else's life.

3 people like this.
  10. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    What a beautiful way of putting it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by