My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Getting chick's tomorrow!!! Yea! A chick fix finally!
    Thanks, Blooie, for the compliment.Just daily trying to do what God wants me to do in spite of myself.
    What outdoor brooder? Where's that thread??
    LG, How are you now? Would it be any comfort to say more than 1/2 our team came down with something as we left? Or that 100 of the 300 of the next team got sick at the beginning of the week due to food poisoning?? Well, probably not...Keep drinking and resting and washing your hands. We all will keep praying and hoping!
    Enjoy your day everyone! It is one more day that God has not yet called us home so we can enjoy what we have here.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hey @hbhoffman , I think it's mandatory that anyone getting new chicks HAS to share a photo of them! And thanks for the reminder about us enjoying another day [​IMG]

3. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    Thanks all for continued prayer. I'm better today than I was yesterday, so still hopeful.

Rachel, What Blooie said about the pillow case for MHP. You know how chicks have a knack for getting into trouble, and there seems to be a "Scout" personality in every brood. I did the pillow case or total MHP wrap, and was glad I did.

ETA: I urge you to set your round eggs, not pointy eggs. My Gender experiment was a success!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  4. hbhoffman

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Here's the photos![​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is only 5. The 2 dark black ones are straight run EEs, the yellow one is a jubilee orpington, the chipmunk is a female bielefelder, and top knot chick is a tolbont polish. Took me 5 traffic filled hours to get home today when it normally takes 1.5 but oh so awesome to have chicks!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  5. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    @hbhoffman , they are adorable! I can't wait to see how your JO turns out. Thanks for sharing the pictures [​IMG]

Good morning everyone, hope you all have a great day!

Anyone doing anything special for the 4th of July? We're going to take advantage of the bogo free tickets to the Jacksonville Zoo and I'm so excited it's ridiculous, lol. I've always loved going to zoos and have seen a lot of them but this will be my first time going to this one. Plus it will just be nice to get away for the day.

6. hbhoffman

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    "What Blooie said about the pillowcase for MHP. You know how chicks have a knack for getting into trouble, and there seems to be a "Scout" personality in every brood. I did the pillow case or total MHP wrap, and was glad I did."
    Can anyone explain about the pillowcase for MHP? What is that and why?

So glad to get them! One is very vocal! But all seem to be getting along with no one picking on the head of the polish....yet. So now that I have chicks, my cream leg bar has decided she is no longer going to be broody. [​IMG]
    NFL, Enjoy the zoo! Have you been to the Brevard Zoo near Vero Beach?

LG, Keep getting healthy! We all want to hear about a good trip and how God worked in amazing ways.

Rachel, How are your legs with this heat? Are you drinking enough? (I know ...an oxymoron of sorts. )
    How is everyone else?

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi @hbhoffman , nope haven't been to that one yet. We have been to Monkey Jungle (not far from Miami) and Gatorland in Kissimmee...we did those plus Disney World not long after we got married, sort of a delayed honeymoon trip. Those are the FL ones so far but I used to travel quite a bit and always tried to get in a zoo trip wherever I was. The St. Louis zoo, the one in Omaha, and the Denver zoos were some of my favorites. There was also a nice smallish one where I raised my boys and that was an almost monthly trip (plus zoo school for them in the summer). Aquariums are cool too. Seen a few of those like the one in Charleston and I used to work right next door to the one in Key West.

If there's someplace around where I can see animals of any kind, sign me up, I want to go, lol. (And don't even get me started on museums...they rank right up there with the zoos!)

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hey, all, I'[ve missed you. Rachel [​IMG] hope that things are good now.

9. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hey @sourland , good to see you again!

10. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Welcome back sourland [​IMG]

Trying to be off the computer as much and spend more time with my Honey. Things just don't seem quite right with us lately. I know it's hard on him, me being down for so long. I have no idea how many relationships don't survive the transplant process, but it wouldn't shock me if it's a lot. I usually feel like we're pretty solid, but things have just been a mess lately. Prayers in that direction would also be appreciated.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by