My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop

We must buy our shorts at the same clothing shop. Until this spring, I didn't even know there WAS such a thing as "reverse spandex"!

2. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG] "reverse spandex" [​IMG]

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

this has got to be one of the cooler things I've seen! I do have a competitor, though, I just don't have a pic. Someone a few exits up the freeway from us took two old VW bugs and built them big ol honkin spider legs [​IMG]. I'm not kidding, the things creep me out every time---arachnophobia, much? I'll have to get a pic sometime....

Well, I feel productive at least. We got the horses back over to our friend's pasture, a chore that's been needing to get done. Honey got stepped on by his big mare, mine of course is too much of a sweetheart to ever step on me lol. Sore throat is mostly gone, but whenever I bend over my eyeballs feel like they're going to pop out of my head. Not sure what's up with that, but I'm sure not bending over!

I think we all need to remember not to take our Honeys for granted, it's so easy to do. I know I was so, so glad he was there with me yesterday. I was joking with him that I should have him certified as my Emotional Support Animal, then maybe he could have come in the OR with me [​IMG].

4. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Aww. [​IMG]'s all around.

5. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Rachel, I send you my deepest sympathy, and a distant hug. I'll keep it virtual b/c I'm now being treated for pneumonia. Less than 2 weeks before I have to leave for Guatemala. I'm asking you all to pray for healing so I don't miss this trip. Better days ahead for you Rachel. Do what ever you have to do to protect your health, maybe even have your son take care of the chickens for a while.

6. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Sorry to read this. I hope you get to go on your mission trip.

7. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Wow. Sorry you had to get a Bronch, but glad they didn't find a fungus! Hoping for negative cultures and healing for you.

Yuck, hope you get over the PNA quickly so you can have a great mission trip!

8. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    x2 @lazy gardener , take care of yourself!

9. 1FlewOver

1FlewOver Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2015
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    When I get some time I'm going to read this entire thread...but for right now I only have two words:

Cancer Sucks.....

10. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by