My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    Likewise. Regarding the boys, you may not need to address the situation with them at all, unless things get worse. Some topics IMO are not for children: finances, relationship issues between Mom and Dad. Don't get me wrong. If my kids see us argueing, we're sure that they see the end result: conflict resolution. But, we do our best to try not to argue in front of them, and certainly never about private issues or anything involving child care. Same with finances. Kids can be blabbermouths.

2. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Thinking of you all today.
    Lots going on... one positive: my one special girl is attending an icanshine bike camp this week! Cost:free! Cost for a new bike: $200. :-/ Still a dream come true for her to learn! Hopefully it will give her mobility and better safety in the future.
    Anyone know about heel pain? On Sunday night my heel exploded into burning pain. It is fine if I rest/stay off it (ha ha) but explodes and burns if I am on it for long.
    Rachel,
    Thinking of you! Hugs!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  3. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Good morning Rachel! Hope you have a wonderful day!!! We have chicks hatching under a broody! Wishing I didn't have to work today, but, I do. Have a good one.

4. N F C

N F C just 1 more cup pls Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Good morning Rachel and Team!

@Outpost JWB , hope the hatch goes well!

@hbhoffman , how exciting for your DD to get to go to bike camp. Bet she's thrilled [​IMG]

Hope you all have a great Tuesday. This morning has started off cool-ish for us down here, it won't last but it was so nice to get outside this morning and need to wear a sweatshirt! Love cool mornings.

5. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Great that she is able to go to bike camp! Katie is looking forward to Camp Campbell coming up next week, so if your little one's excitement is 1/10 the way Katie is feeling I can just see the smiles!

Your heel sounds like good old acute Plantar Fasciitis! I've had that......it's excruciating! I finally had to go to a podiatrist, who diagnosed the heel spur (nasty things - they look like a shrimp made of bone on your heel!) and the PF, and started a series of cortisone injections and gel casts. When it finally eased up 3 months later, he ordered me to never, ever go barefoot again, and to buy nothing but Klogs or Danskos for shoes, and New Balance or Ariat sneakers. Followed that advice to the letter (didn't want to repeat those treatments) and haven't had an issue since. It's been 4 years pain free. I keep one pair of Klogs standing on their heels right next to the bed propped up on the quilt stand, and as soon as my legs swing out of the bed my feet slide into the Klogs, even for midnight trips to the bathroom. Only time my feet aren't in shoes is when I'm in the shower. By the way, side effect of wearing shoes all of the time is that I now have the softest feet!! [​IMG]

Hope everyone is feeling good this morning!!

6. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    @Blooie , good tip on the shoes (I know you meant it for hbhoffman, but maybe she won't mind if I use it too, lol).

I've had NB walking shoes before and they are the best for me, I'll have to check out the other brands. Too bad decent shoes cost so darn much but if you have lousy feet like I do, you have to do it.

7. lazy gardener

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    So glad your girl is getting to go to bike camp! What a treat for her! I'll pray for her safety and effort during this time. PM sent re: heel pain.

1 person likes this.
  8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I've had plantar fasciitis, but not near as aggressive as Blooie's. I treated mine with gel inserts, lots of ibuprofen and rest when I could and it resolved. Eventually [​IMG]

Here's praying the biking goes well!

So, got up my nerve and talked to Honey again yesterday. I was so nervous my hands and feet started tingling and going numb--I really don't do confrontation well.

Started by asking what he'd got from our previous conversation about my feelings about this relationship. He though it over and said he'd taken away that I didn't want to be the wife that forbid her husband to spend time with a friend. Well, I guess I did say that at some point, but it was not THE point.

Simply and clearly, no tears, I told him his relationship with this woman is a threat to our marriage. The time he spends with her is inappropriate. I understand he can't sever ties immediately, they're in school together and we've got our pigs out there. But, for the next two months, no more carpooling. No shopping trips, no fishing trips, no going over to her house to work. At the end of two months, they'll graduate and the pigs will be butchered. At that time the relationship ends, period. They're not study buddies for the LPN boards, they're not job hunting together, they're not going through the same RN program. If they happen to be working the same shift, they're not hanging out with each other on break or eating lunch together. I was pretty blunt but very calm and just kept repeating this relationship is a threat to our marriage.

Well, he's pretty unhappy with me. He says he's being punished for something he didn't do. I've tried to explain how cheating in your heart is still cheating, he continues to insist the relationship is the same as any friendship he's had in the past. Things ended with him saying he'd do it because his marriage is more important but he's unhappy and is going to resent me for a long time [​IMG]. I'm really thinking I need to bring in a trusted third party to back me up. I'm not sure if he really thinks this relationship is okay or he's just not wanting to end it, but I feel he needs to hear this from someone else.

And, to lighten things up....what always makes things better? A broody hen, that's what! My hatchery cuckoo Marans is fluffed out and growling at me, totally makes my day! I'll put eggs under her maybe tonight (depending on what's laid today) and have chickies in 3 weeks. It's like magic!

1 person likes this.
  9. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hey Rachel, it sounds like you handled it all very well in addressing your concerns; how he takes it now is up to him. At least it's all in the open about how you feel...and there has to be respect for your feelings no matter what. If you were uncomfortable with the friendship, than that should be enough. I do so hope this is all resolved and over soon, the stress isn't healthy for anyone.

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts [​IMG]

P.S. New chicks ARE magic [​IMG]

10. lazy gardener

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    Glad you got a broody. Take care of yourself, Girl!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by