My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Works for me!

2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hope red goes with chizlit (spelling?)

3. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Red goes very well with spelling. Teehee. Oh, you must have meant Chislic. (I love typing that word on my phone and watching the little spell checker dude needing resuscitation). Red goes with Chislic too - but cold beer is wayyyy more goodlier!

1 person likes this.
  4. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Quote: That has to be such a relief! Congrats on the good review and hope you are feeling a little better every day!

5. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG]
    Good.
    I know what you mean when you say you let it get on top of you. I am the kind of person who will ignore the head ache or the cough, and each day it gets a little worse. By the time I will acknowledge that I am miserable, I have something I can't shake.

You need to stop doing that to yourself. assume everything is something even if it is inconvenient.

Have fun planning -but as sourland says, enjoy the moment.

6. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Very glad you are feeling better. Gotta take care of you 1st.

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Good morning everyone! Hope you all have a good Saturday [​IMG]

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Good afternoon my friends!

Things are going well here. Dr appt on Friday, counts are all right where they expect, all blood cultures drawn since getting on the Levaquin are negative, and they're in no hurry to put the picc line back in. I'm feeling so much better. Still need to have rests during the day, but I'm okay with that.

Friday I was very ambitious and bought 20lbs of ground beef during a great sale. My honey was excited for the prospect of bacon swiss shroom meatloaf and meatballs. Well, we've been eating on the burger, but I haven't got any put away yet. Cause, the same day the fruit stand finally had nice freestone peaches [​IMG]. Been waiting for those for a month....stocked up on peppers and made peach salsa. Canned a double batch and then made a batch of fresh for eating right away. Sugar Monkey ate about 5 peaches right from the box, that boy does love his fruit! I wanted to make a cobbler for breakfast this morning (yep, cobbler for breakfast. I know no one here is judging [​IMG]) but ran out of time, wanted to make it to Sunday School. After church, it's too hot to bake so the cobbler will just have to wait til tomorrow.

Candled my Faverolles eggs last night. 13 eggs, one infertile, one early quitter. My deceased hen's egg is looking good also. One more week!

Stopped at the Grange today, was disappointed they're not taking orders for chicks this fall. First come first serve, and they don't know yet when or what they're getting. Bummer. I'll just have to be calling them a lot, I guess.

Sunday School lesson was about learning and employing your spiritual gift. Gave me a lot to think about. I need to get back into the Word, I've fallen away. All my life it seems I've had the excuse of being so busy, having to get to work early, being tired, etc. Well, God has removed some of those obstacles, so I need to quit making excuses. I have plenty of time now, I just need the dedication.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend. My boys are looking forward to school starting......me too, except the buying clothes and shoes [​IMG]

9. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    [​IMG] So glad you're resting and taking it easy, Rachel! Wow! I need a nap now and all I did was read it! But you know that I'm really overjoyed that you accomplished so much. I don't need to tell you to take it a little easy yet - on accounta I'm sure the next several posts after this one will cover that! Teehee

10. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Just want to say that I'm glad you are feeling better! The happiness just shines through your words. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by