My leukemia's back.

Good morning everyone!

Hbh, good luck with the appointments today.

I haven't had enough coffee yet to be coherent so I'll be back later.

Hope you all have a good one
smile.png

I'm back. Chickens, goats and rabbits fed and watered. Coop spot cleaned. Some weeding done and the little greenhouse straightened out. Some small branches tossed in the burn pile and a feed sack full of trash put out. Laundry started.

Ok, maybe I'm still not coherent but I've worked up my first sweat of the day!

Two baby chicks!

they're either silkie or silkie/cochin cross, I'm not sure yet. These are the few I threw in the incubator cause Honey was talking about using chicks for snake food. Well, we've now agreed THAT'S not going to happen--too cute
big_smile.png
. One more little egg to go, and 4 large blue sex link eggs made it to lock down. I've been collecting eggs for one last hatch this year so they'll go right after this hatch is done. Oh, and today is the day the Grange gets baby chicks in
big_smile.png
. I've got to at least go see what breeds they have, right? I'm disappointed I missed the Big R giveaway, I heard they had a shipment of rare breed pullets, not the usual Reds or Rocks. Bummer!

Labs yesterday and everything's still doing well
smile.png
. Only thing was my potassium is low and I need to bump my pills up. I was on the computer looking for avocado recipes (we have a bunch and they're high potassium) and the first thing I found was an avocado margarita--now you're talking! Although I'm not sure I could drink something that color......but I can sure eat guacamole. go figure
hu.gif

Here's hoping you all have a beautiful, blessed day!

Rachel, we're going to have to start referring to you as HA! As in hopelessly addicted.
big_smile.png

Of course you have to go see the chicks at the Grange, it might make up for missing out on the Big R giveaway. I hope they have something unusual for you.

My name is Debby and I am an enabler...

Two baby chicks!

they're either silkie or silkie/cochin cross, I'm not sure yet. These are the few I threw in the incubator cause Honey was talking about using chicks for snake food. Well, we've now agreed THAT'S not going to happen--too cute
big_smile.png
. One more little egg to go, and 4 large blue sex link eggs made it to lock down. I've been collecting eggs for one last hatch this year so they'll go right after this hatch is done. Oh, and today is the day the Grange gets baby chicks in
big_smile.png
. I've got to at least go see what breeds they have, right? I'm disappointed I missed the Big R giveaway, I heard they had a shipment of rare breed pullets, not the usual Reds or Rocks. Bummer!

Labs yesterday and everything's still doing well
smile.png
. Only thing was my potassium is low and I need to bump my pills up. I was on the computer looking for avocado recipes (we have a bunch and they're high potassium) and the first thing I found was an avocado margarita--now you're talking! Although I'm not sure I could drink something that color......but I can sure eat guacamole. go figure
hu.gif

Here's hoping you all have a beautiful, blessed day!

Sorry - Love avocados, love margaritas, but the two together sounds
sickbyc.gif
. (LOL)

Glad your labs are stable and good luck with your chick search! You'll be over-run in no time.
big_smile.png

Cubed with salt and key lime juice is my favorite way to eat avocado. But we have the huge meaty ones. You have the small dark skinned California kind?
Then it is a spoon and salt and key lime juice and eat it out of the shell.

This keeps me up right. our local store stop stocking it because they were always out.
roll.png
(Seriously, Is it just me?)

819RFmOBCpL._SX522_.jpg

Sitting here eating easy guac---avocado, a touch of mayo, salt and lime juice mashed together. It would be great to live where avocados grow!

Went to the Grange and just wasn't feeling it for the chicks, not sure why. They had Rocks, Reds, EE and rsl and none of them grabbed me, so I didn't buy any. Didn't steal any in my pocket, either Blooie! Came home and two little sex link pullets had hatched, I'm considering that a reward for my good behavior
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom