My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Good morning everyone!

Hbh, good luck with the appointments today.

I haven't had enough coffee yet to be coherent so I'll be back later.

Hope you all have a good one [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    X 2 [​IMG]

3. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I'm back. Chickens, goats and rabbits fed and watered. Coop spot cleaned. Some weeding done and the little greenhouse straightened out. Some small branches tossed in the burn pile and a feed sack full of trash put out. Laundry started.

Ok, maybe I'm still not coherent but I've worked up my first sweat of the day!

1 person likes this.
  4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Two baby chicks!

they're either silkie or silkie/cochin cross, I'm not sure yet. These are the few I threw in the incubator cause Honey was talking about using chicks for snake food. Well, we've now agreed THAT'S not going to happen--too cute [​IMG]. One more little egg to go, and 4 large blue sex link eggs made it to lock down. I've been collecting eggs for one last hatch this year so they'll go right after this hatch is done. Oh, and today is the day the Grange gets baby chicks in [​IMG]. I've got to at least go see what breeds they have, right? I'm disappointed I missed the Big R giveaway, I heard they had a shipment of rare breed pullets, not the usual Reds or Rocks. Bummer!

Labs yesterday and everything's still doing well [​IMG]. Only thing was my potassium is low and I need to bump my pills up. I was on the computer looking for avocado recipes (we have a bunch and they're high potassium) and the first thing I found was an avocado margarita--now you're talking! Although I'm not sure I could drink something that color......but I can sure eat guacamole. go figure [​IMG].

Here's hoping you all have a beautiful, blessed day!

5. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Rachel, we're going to have to start referring to you as HA! As in hopelessly addicted. [​IMG]

Of course you have to go see the chicks at the Grange, it might make up for missing out on the Big R giveaway. I hope they have something unusual for you.

My name is Debby and I am an enabler...

6. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Sorry - Love avocados, love margaritas, but the two together sounds [​IMG]. (LOL)

Glad your labs are stable and good luck with your chick search! You'll be over-run in no time. [​IMG]

7. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Cubed with salt and key lime juice is my favorite way to eat avocado. But we have the huge meaty ones. You have the small dark skinned California kind?
    Then it is a spoon and salt and key lime juice and eat it out of the shell.

This keeps me up right. our local store stop stocking it because they were always out. [​IMG] (Seriously, Is it just me?)

[​IMG]

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Sitting here eating easy guac---avocado, a touch of mayo, salt and lime juice mashed together. It would be great to live where avocados grow!

Went to the Grange and just wasn't feeling it for the chicks, not sure why. They had Rocks, Reds, EE and rsl and none of them grabbed me, so I didn't buy any. Didn't steal any in my pocket, either Blooie! Came home and two little sex link pullets had hatched, I'm considering that a reward for my good behavior [​IMG].

9. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    The homegrown chickies sound best Rachel. You did behave well!

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Well, isn't that a surprise. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by