My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. chickengeorgeto

chickengeorgeto Overrun With Chickens

They say that the doctor buries all of his mistakes. I guess that its true.

2. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Patients have to be their own advocate. That is for sure. Rachel, hope you have a good day. Spring is showing signs around here. Little bitty buds on trees, new life for new growth. I'll try to get some pics later. Gotta get ready for work. Have a good day!

3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Good morning Rachel, hope you have a great day! [​IMG]

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Good morning, Rachel. [​IMG]

5. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Good morning, Rachel and Team Rachel![​IMG]
    Got a little - um - surprise this morning. It's been lovely for a bit now; and we are getting late enough in the year that it will be pretty unlikely for us to get any more frost, so I thought,"why don't I go ahead and turn on the outside taps?" (we have spigots in a bunch of places on our 7+ acres; they are all on one water line that has a shut-off valve in the pump house. Turn that off, drain the line - no frozen taps all winter!) So I go to the pump house, and turn on the valve - and promptly got soaked! The taps may not have frozen, but it appears that the line in the pump house did, and a joint in the pipe has a big ol' crack in it facing the door! I did have the presence of mind to stay in the spray long enough to close the valve again, but yep, I'm awake! Oh, well, these clothes needed washing anyway . . . .

6. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Brrrrr, that must have been a rude awakening @Bunnylady !
    [​IMG]

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Poor bunnylady!

So for another couple of challenges...I'm allergic to the laundry soap we were using. Bless Mom's heart, she bought different detergent and washed most of my clothes. I'm planning to shower, lotion and Benadryl, hopefully sleep like a baby. Then, I'll be getting platelets in clinic tomorrow, which also means benadryl. Hopefully I'll feel caught up on the sleep.

Bladder spasms continue to be an issue. Mom also bought a heating pad for me today. Little does she know I'm plotting to use it as a chick brooder when I get home lol!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Outpost JWB

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Good way to repurpose! Hope you are sleeping like a baby today! Stinks that you have developed an allergy to the detergent. At least you figured it out before you got back home & all will be done before you get back[​IMG]. I'm sure your mama doesn't mind. That's what moms are for.

Hope you have a wonderful day! I am off work today, which means work at home more and DH & little girl will want me to cook breakfast....and I want breakfast too! Have a good one![​IMG] We are praying for you!

9. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Good morning Rachel (and everyone else)!

That's a nice plan for the heating pad. In the meantime, hope you enjoy it.

(@Outpost JWB , I love breakfast too, it's my favorite meal of the day! What time should I drop by?)

10. Outpost JWB

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    7:30am! Sausage patties, fresh eggs (of course) cooked to order, toast and milk. Pretty simple this morning, but have to get daughter off to school.[​IMG] Have a good day and see you in 27 minutes!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by