My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I actually have family in Sheridan. Also, Laramie and Cheyenne. My brother keeps bugging us to move up there but it's hard to think of giving up FL winters for WY's, lol. Beautiful country though.

You're a wonderful photographer, keep up the good work.

2. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    I think we were probably warmer for a lot of this winter than most places in the deep south. Wow, what an upside down winter.

Thanks for the kind words. With today's cameras, even on phones, everyone's a photographer! Hard to take bad pictures anymore, except for some reason my delete button is the only button where the print is wearing off!

3. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Blooie, you are cute. [​IMG]
    For some reason I have no print on my key board's 'N'
    I'd think it would be backspace.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Well, I wasn't at all tired of hummer pics, but that's a beaut! I just love that it was at a Micky Ds, how cool is that. When I was a teenager my mom and I would get up early on Saturday morning and ride our horses the 4 miles to McDonald's for breakfast. Used the drive through and everything.

Things are kind of up and down here. Laying down is good. Standing and walking still cause spasms. Sitting is an impossible dream. Told my Mom looks like I get to be a Princess for a few days. I think she's been frustrated as my caregiver cause I always, always hate to ask for help. Well, I'm having to ask lately and she finally gets to "take care" of me.

I have this mental image of getting a bottle of WD-40, with the long red tip and spraying it into my bladder. Something has got to give some relief!

Now my skin is reacting to the stress also. I'm getting blisters from the PICC dressing and an open area from the catheter strap. It's kinda driving home that there really was a good reason to have to stay so close to the university for so long. I was feeling so good and things were going well I was getting a little resentful being here, but not now. I know my local docs would be in over their heads with this.
    And there are always folks who are having a far harder time than I am, causing me to say quit complaining and count your blessings!!!

5. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Horseback riding to McDonalds? That sounds so fun.
    You have a pretty cool mom.

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    A cool Mom for sure!

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Good morning Rachel,

Thought you might enjoy some of your own Oregon wildflowers

[​IMG]

Hope today is a good day!

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Look what I found. [​IMG] I was going to pick a bouquet, but the 'natural' arrangement is spectacular. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Greetings, Rachel and Loyal Team Rachel! Hope you got another good night's sleep, Rachel...the more of those you get the better you'll feel, I'm sure.

I sure can't top the bouquets provided by NorthFLChick and sourland....still trying to decide whether to stick to hummingbirds or get some variety in here for you to enjoy.

Edited to add:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  10. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    Please...not WD-40...! You must be so much in pain, exhausted and frustrated...praying for you and your beloved family...you are NOT complaining...you are telling us all of so many side effects of the life saving treatment...our love and never ending prayers for you...we all look forward to the day when you return home...cured. Stay strong...we are with you all the way and we do feel your pain...albeit in our thoughts. Never a day goes by without prayers for you!

3 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by