My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Blooie- I personally would like to see the picture of the two tom turkeys dancing in front of McDonald's! Then it would be even more fun to see some humorous captions. :)
    So glad you got sleep Rachel! You can tell the unit you just *had* to come back because you missed them sooo much!
    (Our nurses love when we say that to them when we go! They usually tease back and say they made up a special room just for us in PICU or Isolation! LOL!)

2. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Okay, this is one really amazing grasshopper photo! Now I know why in Ancient Egypt they were called a plague!

[​IMG]

3. N F C

N F C phooey! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Good morning Rachel and everyone,

Rachel, so nice you got some sleep! Sleep can work wonders on making a person feel better. Here's hoping all is on the upswing now!

@hbhoffman , that is one seriously huge grasshopper! Sometimes when I'm fighting them off my garden it feels like they are that big. Ugh, can't stand those things.

@Blooie , share whatever photos you want, I'll enjoy them all. The Sheridan turkeys do sound interesting.

4. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    @Blooie , x2 on the pics. We enjoy all of them.

Good morning Rachel! This is me this morning: [​IMG] Wishing I were more like this: [​IMG] Maybe 5pm after work...? So glad you got some rest. That is much needed. Take care and have a wonderful day!

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Good morning, Rachel. [​IMG] Hope that you got another good night of sleep.

6. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Good morning Rachel and Team Rachel. Odd night last night - one of those nights where I woke up just about every hour on the hour. <sigh> Hate nights like that! So I'm a little punchier than usual this morning. Gotta snap out of it before Kendra gets here to spend the day with us. She takes full, 100% concentration.

Turkeys in the parking lot at MacDonalds in Sheridan it is:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. ronott1

ronott1 A chicken will always remember the egg Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Wodland, CA
    My Coop
  8. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Sleep helps so much! I am glad you got some rest.
    [​IMG]

9. N F C

N F C phooey! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Blooie, that's a fantastic photo! Love the look of their tail feathers. Thanks for sharing your photos, keep 'em coming!

10. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Thanks. It was a photo op that just presented itself! One of the MacDonald's in Sheridan is right off the interstate, with a restaurant/gas station next door. These turkeys were where the two parking lots intersect. There's a bit of a street between them, but it's more like a shared driveway than a street. Behind the turkeys is the entrance road to the station and they were on the MacDonald's side. I had my good camera because we'd crossed the mountains for Ken's VA appointment and I love taking photos up there. It was simply a case of all things coming together at the right time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by