My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Yep, Blooie, the prankster got me too! I couldn't see a hummingbird either!

ps. He is a cute little grasshopper. [​IMG] Our grasshoppers had to swim today. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  2. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

He wasn't that little, believe me! He was about as long as my pinky. Oh, wait, you've never seen my pinky so that doesn't help you much, does it? Anyway, here's the first shot of him before he turned. I named him "Phred."

[​IMG]

3. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Catheters are nasty. Sorry you have to use them. Sorry you're going thru hospital stuff again. [​IMG]

5. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Rachel,

I too had ice cream for you. A root beer float. Hope you enjoyed it[​IMG] Have a good day.

6. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Good morning Rachel and Team!

Confession time...I had ice cream last night too. Talk about the power of suggestion, lol. At least for today, please, don't anyone talk about ice cream, cake, cookies, chocolate, pies, doughnuts, cream puffs, danishes, cinnamon rolls or anything else I can't turn down...I can't take this kind of pressure!

7. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Quote: Option 2 sounds way better!
    May God give you lots of smiles,strength and healing today!

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Good morning, Rachel.

9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Sleep, blessed sleep!!!!! Once they got a new cath in, with a continuous irrigation, lots of Dilaudid and a he eating pad to the belly, I slept about 10 hours straight. Thank you Lord! Still having issues managing spasms when I move or sit up, but things are going to get better now. Really staying on the pain meds and plan to do some serious catching up on the sleep. I'm not on my usual floor, they had to overflow me to a general surgical unit but I've already had my amazing nurse Annie come check on me and she's working on getting me moved asap.

Blooie, my Honey posted pics of my flowers blooming today, it's 75 degrees he says. I'll see if I can get them here tomorrow, running out of brain power tonight.

10. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Wow! What a difference 24 hours made for you, and I'm so glad! You know what they say about pain meds - take 'em when they're due. Staying ahead of the pain is so much better than trying to stop it once it takes hold. Tell Annie we are grateful that she's been so good to you.

Looking forward to those pictures.

[​IMG]

Tell me when you all get sick of hummingbird pictures....I've got all kinds of critters I've taken pictures of the last couple of years. There's moose, and deer, and chipmunks, and sage grouse, and the two tom turkeys dancing in the parking lot at a MacDonalds in Sheridan, Wyoming. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by