My leukemia's back.

I wish I could make all of this go away....but Sour is right, you are strong.
hugs.gif

Said an extra prayer for you yesterday and again today as I passed by where you are, @donrae -- I noticed *the mountain* was out in all it's glory this afternoon, do you have a view of that from where you are in there? I know when I was up there for some testing this spring I came across an absolutely breathtaking view of it form the windows near where I was being seen. I hope you are getting some much needed, strength building rest tonight.

OGM I'm on the wrong side of the building for the good view. I'm in the Koeller Pavillion. Thankfully I'm not looking directly at the building across the street, I do look up the hill a bit at some trees. I can see the wind sock for the helipad, I can see the bare top of the rotary when a chopper is landed there. There's a beautiful pink blooming tree, I think maybe a Magnolia? I can see well. It's so pretty!

Boys are doing okay last night. It's going to be quite a challenging summer for sure.

Chemo not having any effects yet. I never had any nausea before, hope I will be as lucky this time. Counts won't bottom out til next week.

Both times before I shaved my hair right off when I started chemo. Honestly, I was happy not having to deal with hair during treatment. But, it didn't always continue to fall out during subsequent courses. Sugar Monkey later told me the baldness was hard for him. I think I'm going to just wait and see how it goes this time. it is short anyway so not much to care for. If it starts falling out in clumps I'll go ahead and shave it.

Sugar Monkey is good with helping me sell off birds. He's actually got a lead for a teacher who may want some! He's running the Hatcher for me, but no one is hatching. These eggs were mid-cycle when the power went out for so long they may have all died. They're blue eggs, so harder to candle and none of them really know what they are looking for anyway. Might be less stressful if they don't hatch anyway. There's enough birds to sell as it is.

Happy Easter to everyone!!! Thank you Jesus for your gift and for your Resurrection. Without that I'd have no hope whatsoever.

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family. I pray that in all of the uncertainties of life's storms, you can have the serenity of knowing that He holds you in the palm of His hand.

Last edited:
There is hope and light.
There is new life and rebirth of old lives.

Echo got baptized at service today!

I've been praying for his relationship with Jesus. Thank you Lord for touching his heart and opening it to you.

I'm sitting here bawling of course.......

So. I'll be here for the month plus of Induction chemo like the very first time. Then they'll check to see if I'm in remission and make plans from there. So hopefully home by the end of May. Literally doing pre meds tonight and starting chemo tomorrow so not wasting any time.

I asked about overall prognosis. Of course they still don't know much, but he said they would not offer this treatment if they didn't think there was a decent risk vs benefit ratio. It's still not great odds, each course is harder on the body and each time you relapse it's less likely to hit remission.

But, I've done this part before and I can do it again. The boys are older now. We have my income from Disability. Honey has an education and a job. It's going to be a hard balance between him being here and home. I know he wants to be with me, but the boys need him too. And I don't know what we can do about his work.
We have wonderful friends who are offering to help. We need to figure out how to utilize them. Last time we really didn't accept a lot of help and should have. Plus, you should not deny others the blessing of helping you. That is very important also!

Enjoy Good Friday. Everyone get yourself to service on Easter. Listen to the message and embrace Christ's gift of Salvation if you've not already.
Rachel, you are in my prayers daily. I am thankful that you are well aquainted with Jesus, and can share His message with others.

Okay, time to lighten things up a bit...just posted this on another thread and thought those of you who don't subscribe there might like to share in our excitement. Kendra is doing her first Easter Egg hunt tomorrow!

For 5 years Kendra has sat out the Easter Egg hunts....oh, she's attended a couple but the racing and excitement of the other kids was too much for her, and she wasn't fast enough to get any eggs when she did try. Not this year....Jenny got a call from someone at the Rec Dept who asked Jen if Kendra would be going. Seems there is another little girl with some issues and the Rec wanted to make sure they were included this year. Told Jenny that Kendra is just as much a part of this community as any other child and they wanted her to take part.

I guess they've rigged up away for these two special little ones to get out there and find some eggs of their own! They are putting them by flags with the girls' names on them (the hunts are divided by age groups) and those are their eggs to find, if I understood a very excited Jenny right! The plan is to leave the wheelchair home and put Kendra in her gait trainer so she'll be able to "walk" the field but that'll depend on the weather and how level the ground is. This is going to be so amazing! Can't wait to take a video! And Katie asked Jenny if she could just help with Kendra instead of doing the Easter Egg hunt herself. That's my girl!
Yay, Kendra! So glad they are including her and the other little girl!

You can apologize for things that matter, Phil, if you ever need to....but don't you DARE apologize for caring and making a suggestion that Rachel might not have been offered or know about yet! That's what caring friends DO.....
hugs.gif
and you did it! So there!
tongue.gif

Quote: Phil, if you're taking Blooie fishing, can I tag along? I love to go fishing, but somehow, have missed out on the pleasure of that in the business of life. Yes, I can bait my own hook. But, even more important, I want you to take me fiddleheading if you have them there, and know where they can be found, and are willing to share your prime site with a Maineac. You show me the FH, I'll clean and cook them.

There is hope and light.
There is new life and rebirth of old lives.

Echo got baptized at service today!

I've been praying for his relationship with Jesus. Thank you Lord for touching his heart and opening it to you.

I'm sitting here bawling of course.......
Yay, Echo. Rachel, this is a huge blessing. I pray that God works a mighty miracle in that boy's life.

Back
Top Bottom