My leukemia's back.

I spent a very long time with my oncologist today. She's ordered all new treatments. I have to go back in tomorrow morning for a shot, then again every 2 weeks for the same shot and bloodwork, for 2 months. After that it's once a month. In a couple months, we will do a CT scan, and reassess if it's working, or if we need to up the ante.

I'm to get all dental work done now, and then I will get a Zometa infusion. That should help stop the bone mets, in conjunction with the other treatments. No surgeries for now.

She ordered a type of test that will use some of the previous biopsy material, and tell on the molecular level, what molecules are affected, and the potential mutations possible on those molecules. This is something I was wanting done years ago, but was controversial at the time.
Sounds like a great plan :hugs :hugs

I got my Faslodex (fulvestrant) shots today. By the way, it's 2 shots. They are given simultaneously, 1 in each butt cheek. It's very thick, so it takes up to 2 mins. for them to get it all in. It stings a little, but not too bad. Needless to say, my butt hurts some. My tongue didn't swell, that I can tell, but there was a lot of tingling. That's not good.

The Verzinio is ordered, and comes through a specialty pharmacy, so it takes a bit before it will arrive.

I got my Faslodex (fulvestrant) shots today. By the way, it's 2 shots. They are given simultaneously, 1 in each butt cheek. It's very thick, so it takes up to 2 mins. for them to get it all in. It stings a little, but not too bad. Needless to say, my butt hurts some. My tongue didn't swell, that I can tell, but there was a lot of tingling. That's not good.

The Verzinio is ordered, and comes through a specialty pharmacy, so it takes a bit before it will arrive.
What does the tingling tongue indicate?

I have no idea, but it says to report it to the doctor, so I will. (Possible allergic reaction?) I'll ask the doctor, and let you know.
I have gotten that a few times.....

I think allergic reaction to food, and once to anesthesia I think??

It has been awhile.....

My oncologist's primary nurse called today. My appointment was scheduled for the 24th. of this month, and she wants me in sooner. It's been moved to the 10th, and may be moved to an even sooner date. I didn't copy/paste the entire thing, which is long, and detailed, but the conclusion portion pretty much says it all. Now, to get this stuff stopped again.

CT-22-0054746 7/28/2022 13:47 EDT CT NTAP w/Cont
(Neck,Thorax,Abd,Pelvis)
PATEL MD,ANKITA K Auth (Verified)
Reason For Exam
(CT NTAP w/Cont (Neck,Thorax,Abd,Pelvis)) Re: Metastaic Breast Cancer
CT Findings
Procedure: CT NTAP w/Cont (Neck,Thorax,Abd,Pelvis)
Date of Exam: 7/28/2022 1:47 PM EDT
Clinical Information: Re: Metastatic Breast Cancer

Conclusion:
1. Postsurgical changes in both breasts and surgical clips in both axilla from lymph node dissection.
2. Enlarged right hilar lymph node is new since prior PET/CT scan from 6/4/2021.
3. Multiple pleural metastasis in both lungs with bilateral pleural effusions. The pleural disease is greater than on prior
study and the pleural effusions are new.
4. Increased in the right internal mammary adenopathy since previous study.
5. Extensive blastic bony metastatic disease is increased since prior study.
Been off BYC for a week or so working on spiffing up the property before my sister and her hubby come out. So sorry to read this but it sounds like your oncologist is a keeper! @Alaskan is so right - come in here to kick, scream, cry, cheer, or whatever! Rachel’s Waiting Room is always open!

Thank you Blooie. I hope the visit with your sister and her hubby, is enjoyable for all concerned.
Thanks! I’m sure it’ll be a wonderful visit. Love Lori and Steve so much. They haven’t been here since Jamie’s graduation in 2007, and that was the only time they’ve ever been here. We had so many people here and (we were still living in the old 10x60 mobile at that time) that they all had to stay in a motel in Lovell. And it snowed the whole darned weekend besides! This time it’s just them, we have a guest room, and I get to show off my beautiful new house! I’m excited! I have the best siblings and siblings-in-law in the whole world! :love

I had come to the conclusion that some of my new truck's safety features were NOT designed for driving out on country roads. Yesterday, I was totally convinced of it, when the safety features tried to kill us. The main culprits have been DISABLED, and I will re-enable them when I go to the city, or on the interstate.

You've all seen the commercial. The big dump truck suddenly stops, and a family is in their car behind it. The driver fails to react in time, so the pre-collision safety feature kicks in. It sounds an alarm while it automatically applies the brakes, and stops the car in time to avoid colliding into the big dump truck. The family is safe. Whew! Great feature to have in a vehicle, right?

Another wonderful safety feature is lane assist. Lane assist detects when you are straying from your lane into the next lane. It makes the steering wheel vibrate to alert you, and if you don't correct it quickly, it will steer the vehicle back into the the lane. If you are actually changing lanes (white lines) it's quick, not gradual like when you stray into the next lane, so it's fine. If you begin to cross over the solid yellow line in the center, it reacts immediately steering you back into your lane. Another great feature to have in a vehicle, right?

I had already decided to disable lane assist, and set it to alerts only. On the back roads in the country ( 2 lanes), there are low spots (water collects there when it rains), and occasional pot holes in the roads. I discovered when trying to avoid them, the lane assist would fight me. Not a wrestling match for the steering wheel, but enough to make it very annoying, especially when crossing over the yellow line.

Yesterday we were heading to town, on the country back roads, when the safety features tried to kill us. The garbage truck stopped in front of me. I had enough space and time to safely go around it, before the oncoming car got too close. I went to go around it. The lane assist detected I was crossing the center yellow line, and automatically began steering the truck back into the lane. I had moved forward enough that there was not enough distance between me and the garbage truck for it to safely maneuver back into the lane, so the pre-collision kicked in, and braked. I'm sitting here stuck between the two lanes, with an oncoming car approaching.

Fortunately the garbage truck moved forward to the next driveway to get their garbage cans, so I was able to get back in the lane behind it.

The thing is, I didn't really realize exactly what had happened at the time, other than the truck had gone nuts. Of course, Dh thought I had done all of it, and was screaming his head off at me, and among other things, threatening to never let me drive again. Later on, when I thought about it, I knew I had NOT done anything in regards to my own driving to have caused what happened. That's when I realized it was the safety features that had caused the problem. I mentioned it to Dh later. He began googling about it. Yup, I'm not the only one that has experienced problems with the safety features when driving on back roads.

I've reset the safety features to alert, but not to assist. That way they can't take over control of my truck. I can set them to alert and assist, if I decide to take a road trip, or am doing a lot of city driving.

Back
Top Bottom